“Apalling service and cold food”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #99 of 265 Restaurants in Watford
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bright and modern, PizzaExpress Watford offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
Watford, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Apalling service and cold food”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We visited this branch for dinner with friends. Where to begin...our starter plate was taken away before we had even finished eating. We asked for pepper three times and were given empty pepper mills. Upon ordering our main, one pizza arrived cold while another arrived 20 minutes after the other mains had been brought to the table. Our waitress had no idea what food she was bringing us and told us that she 'had just been told to bring it over'. After waiting for the bill and with no waitress in sight, we went down to the front desk to pay. When leaving, we saw another group of customers having to help themselves to menus. Overall, awful customer service and the restaurant wasn't even busy. Not impressed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mayoor P

Watford, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Always busy! Had vouchers for meal made it even better! Lovely starters mains and deserts attentive staff!!!! Will be back soon!!

• Visited February 2014
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Girls lunch”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I ate here with my two daughters while Christmas shopping on a school inset day. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table but it was very busy with others who were also out shopping. The service was very efficient and food, as usual, excellent. Delighted to see that the menu is now marked with gluten free options and pizzas can be made on gluten free bases.

Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Poor Service”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend came here as we had a voucher to use. It took 10 minutes to be acknowledged and seated.. When we were seated there were dirty plates on any available side.. Crap organisation, after twenty five minutes of waiting for our order to be taken for drinks we left..never again

Dorset, United Kingdom
“Best Pizzas”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Have been here before many times and had lovely evenings, so went again just for a quick supper.
The welcome was very nice, it was early evening so no too busy and we got a table in the window quite quickly. No queues at that time. They have upstairs seating and lots of downstairs seating too. The menus were quickly brought and while we browsed we had our drinks order taken. Mainly waters but I had a sparkling Elderflower which I enjoy, plus a bottle of still water. My husband had a beer and the others had sparkling water. The menu is vast but we only wanted pizzas and there are plenty to choose from plus gluten-free ones. Also there are plenty of other dishes which are gluten-free. I did try a gluten-free pizza once before when I thought I had a wheat allergy but I didn't particularly like it. But I am not gluten intolerant so was happy to order an ordinary pizza on a very thin base. It was delicious. We all had pizzas plus starters of dough balls, olives and salted almonds, a welcome addition to the menu. I also had a mini dessert of a chocolate brownie which came with a coffee of my choice. My only gripe was the brownie was ice cold. It would have been nice if it had been warmed up. I know I could of asked but I didn't want to make a fuss. The meal was not cheap but very tasty and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. I have mentioned before but there are toilets upstairs but a disabled toilet on the ground floor. The restaurant is situated in Lower High Street, opposite a bus stop which brings buses from most areas. It is the stop before Watford Junction. We came by car and as I am disabled we can park with my badge right outside, but if you are not disabled then you can either park in Tesco, nearby and walk or park in the multi-storey.