“Well looked after in lovely part of london”
Review of Frithwood House

Frithwood House
Frithwood House
Ranked #3 of 6 Watford B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I booked through expedia - it was a 'family room' but with double occupancy. We have two children so i phoned first to see if this room could accommodate them for the same price as the four beds were already in the room. I was told that would be ok but after booking was told to pay extra for the children. No chance of a refund as with most hotels so we paid in the end. On arrival we were very pleased with the room and location, it had everything we needed and breakfast was amazing. The guy looking after us was lovely and made our children feel very welcome. I strongly suggest northwood as a base as its quiet and safe yet just a tube ride to central london. We have family in the next street from the hotel and they said its one of the safest neighbourhoods they know.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MissMagik

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Having stayed and favourably reviewed this B & B 2 years ago we didn't think twice about booking here again, however we wished we hadn't. The room we were allocated was a single size with a double bed put in so the bed was pushed up against the wall. (see photo) Also the bathroom was so small it was uncomfortable to use. The guy we gave our key to wasn't interested at all in the complaint. We will not stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank grommit1
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We went down to see the opening ceremony of the Olympics and the Road races. We decided on this hotel as it was only 2 hours drive, just off Junction 5 of the M1 and it had a Tube station only 10 mins walk away and we wanted to check it out for Wembley. Good sized room, with a fridge as well! The shower needed a bit of a clean but over all it was good. Bed was comfy and no roll together! The cooked breakfast was very good and the hotel was in a very good neighbourhood and very quiet... just what you need when walking back in the small hours after a hectic day! Definatly stay here again... in fact we are at the end of October

Room Tip: No lift and we were on the 3rd floor but good wide stairs as an older house, so no problem for us..
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NZMartins
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Had a little trouble finding the building but when I did found ample parkiingat the rear in a quiet Cul-De-Sac. The B&B itself is run by a young gentleman who is very friendly and brought an Iron to my room as I had to pick up a spare shirt on the way. The building is set in quite an exclusive, quiet residential area, which is good fro someone wanting a quiet night in a bedroom but not good for someone looking for a social life. I walked for about 2/3 of a mile and got to the centre of Northwood, near the station but to my horror found a couple of takeaways and a lot of posh restaurants - nowhere to watch the Euro 2012 Semi. Luckily I walked downhill from the station and found a pub called the Misty Maid. I watched the football here and had a lovely Thai meal in the pub. Not wanting to walk back up the hill I got a £4 taxi back to the B&B. Bed was very comfortable, room was a bit basic but clean and adequate. Good nights sleep and had a lovely freshly cooked breakfast the following morning

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Qwerty9090
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed here as a base for visit to a nearby hospital for 3 nights and it was great. The young lad who ran the place was really friendly and cooked a great english breakfast. He was very helpful and always had a smile on his face. The rooms were fine, slightly dated but great value for money. The beds were lovely and comfortable and we all slept well. There is off street parking and it is in a nice quiet area. Recommended!

Room Tip: The top rooms are nice and quiet
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bigbadlee
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed here for 10 nights while looking for a house in the local area. The rooms are small, but were very clean and have everything you need The young man that I dealt with most of the time (cannot remember his name, but he checked me into the hotel and cooked breakfast each morning) was just about the nicest person I've ever seen working at a hotel - constantly a smile on his face. I can only imagine that one might be disappointed if they were expecting a 4* hotel. This is not that, but it doesn't claim to be and doesn't charge a 4* rate). I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the 1st floor and that was fine, but I've heard the ceilings are quite sloped on the 2n...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Excellent value for money - the rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was delicious and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Will definitely use this place again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family