“couples breakaway”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
“couples breakaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

we went to Watford to visit some friends and family. Were the hotel is located is great, its in the centre on everything. We arrived on the Friday evening. The only bad thing about the hotel is on a Friday night it seems to be the cheapest night this is when alot of young people come to party in Watford. They had us up into the early hours of the morning until the bouncer came and told them to behave around 5am. They were shouting and banging doors, playinf music and having no thought for others. The bar at reception stays open all night which does not help this situation. On the Saturday and Sunday night we both had a great nights sleep. We had a great stay at the travelodge apart from the first night. It was clean and tidy and on request you can get hair dyers and irons. It also does a nice breakfast menu and it does nice pizza in the evening if you wanted to grab something quick to eat. I would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just because the rooms have undergone a refurb, the prices have increased, which I don't think justifies a 40% increase. There is still too much noise, there is no air conditioning. You can get more room for your money at Jurys Inn for c£75

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Watford Central, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We have recently freshened up the whole hotel with a full makeover but we are still committed to offering highly competitive rates and advise customers to book as far in advance as possible to access the cheapest rates. We are really sorry to learn you found the hotel to be noisy. Unfortunately due to the central location of the hotel, we cannot always prevent external noise.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Here @ Travelogde Watford since last 3 nights - will end up spending 14 more if I do not get another place :(
Out here in London for a business trip. Due to proximity to my work location chose Watford for my stay. Could not get rooms at any other place except Travelodge for the number of days that my visit was planned (3 weeks).
Was told while booking (which shows up in the booking voucher) that rate includes internet . While checking-in was told that internet is available only in the restaurant and will have to purchase separate voucher if I need internet in the room!!
Housekeeping (if that they call it) is the poorest that I have ever experienced. In the name of it, only the bed cover is reorganized!! No change of towels, no tea/coffee replenishment daily.No proper room cleaning at all!!! No toiletries. Just severely disappointed.

Interestingly there is no intercom as well in the rooms and so if you have an issue, you have to walk down to the reception for everything!!

When I reported the above to the receptionist, was given a cold look with no understanding of the issue that I was reporting.

Only good part about this hotel if I have to say is its proximity to locations in Watford. If at all I get an option I would prefer to walk out of this place immediately. Unfortunately better hotels seems booked for the days I have my stay so stuck :(

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had an emergency and had to stay I a hotel overnight on very short notice and rather late at night. The staff couldn’t have been more helpful, they did every thing we could have hoped for and help calm us after the problems we had that evening. The breakfast was really good too. Thank you

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scunthorpe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Not a bad place to stay if you are visiting London and don't want to pay extortionate city centre prices, I got 2 nights for £60 which is a bargain especially seen as though there were 4 of us in a family room. Its generally well decorated and clean and less than 5 minutes from Watford High Street station and about 10 minutes to Watford Junction.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here while attending the Stone Roses gig in London as its easy access via train. Stopped here several times now and it’s had a facelift which is nice. The pubs and shops are just around the corner which includes a Wetherspoons for a good breakfast.
There is a multi story car park near the hotel that costs £6 for 24hrs.

The only down side was we were in room 3 which is ground floor and our window was right outside the entrance. The security and hotel users were out there having a smoke till about 5am which kept me awake all night!! But that is the first bad experience I have had, if it had been a Premier Inn I would have got my money back but don’t let that put you off.

Room Tip: Dont stop on the ground floor near the entrance its noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cahersiveen, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights.The room itself was clean and spacious.The bed was comfy I thought and i slept well the 3 nights.The bathroom was bright,clean and bare.Little mini-bar of soap only to wash your hands.No shower gel or shampoo or face cloth,only one tough and hardened hand towel and bath towel.My room got no service the second day.Staff at reception were very nice and helpful.I paid £217 for 3 nights.On my departing day, I needed some place to leave my bags for a few hours before my transport would arrive for me.Travelodge did not want to help me after my custom.Now the nice girl at reception tried to help but the manager around her remained unhelpful.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Watford Central, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear stephen m, we’re sorry to learn of your disappointing stay. As standard we do not provide toiletries in any of our hotels although we do offer the option to purchase extra toiletries from our vending machines. We do not offer a left luggage service in our hotels, however customers may purchase a late check out service for £10.00 which is subject to availability.