“Sunday roast very nice”
Review of The Prince George

The Prince George
Reserve with OpenTable
The Prince George is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 294 Restaurants in Watford
Description: New comfortable renovated pub in North Watford just 5 minutes walk from Watford Junction Station along St Albans Road. We are family friendly and have a Beer Garden behind the pub. Our Head Chef is 5 star trained and has worked at The Grove Hotel in Watford and also in 5 star properties in London. Our food is classic pub style with a smokehouse twist.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for sunday lunch with family we all had roast beef it was delishous the yorkshires were a bit flat but tasty will be returning soon

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Been to Prince George pub quite a lot now as me and my friends find it the nicest on on St Albans Road. Staff and lovely, the atmosphere is really nice and chilled and the food is great too.
I’ve been in a large group with friends and they are very accommodating and also only a few of us too and that’s been as nice too.
Definitely recommend this location to anyone who lives in th area.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

We had a lovely Sunday Lunch at The Prince George, the ham hock was lovely and my partner had the beef which was very tasty, the crumble after was a great finish. Service was good but you could tell they were busy and we had to wait a bit for our food but the wait was well worth it!! The price was moderate and atmosphere was relaxed, we will be going back!!

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Went in with my partner for a Sunday Roast. the starters were decent but then the mains took about 40 minutes to come out and when they did the meat was cold. We sent it back and then came out again with under cooked potatoes and parsnips that were hard in the middle.

Ordered a drink that they forgot about so we just got the bill and left.

Wouldn't bother going back, plenty of other better options in the area.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I've eaten here quite alot, although havn't visted much this summer. We used to really enjoy the George but after our last visit we won't be returning. Prices have increased quite alot, but that wasn't the main issue. Starters where nice, I ordered ribeye steak medium rare, which was over cooked. I sent it back, when the second plate came this steak was even more well done! My husband had finished his meal which was dry (the ham hock with bubble) so I decided not to try for a third time. Whilst the waiting staff were apologetic and very polite, They took the steak off the bill, but didn't offer to give us a drink or do anything to try and soften the bad experience. We paid £35 and left feeling disappointed. I'm sorry but the chef should be able to cook a steak, especially second time round!

2  Thank hattingh90