“Excellent hotel”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Watford (Croxley Green) Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed July 14, 2012

2nd floor rear-facing room.

Hotel was very clean and tidy, the reception and restaurant staff were friendly and very helpful.

Restaurant had a good selection of food, although there was three vending machines in the lobby with a selection of snacks, drinks and ice cream!

Wireless internet access was cheap at £10 for a week, although they do advertise 30 minutes free per day if that is all you need. I did find that the connection was very slow at times even though the signal was strong.

Television was bolted to the desk which meant it was impossible to adjust the viewing angle but after a while I got used to it. Channels received were the usual freeview selection.

A desk fan and hairdryer were supplied as standard which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: The rear-facing rooms catch the morning sun, and overlook the car-park at the back.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,044)

Reviewed July 11, 2012

fantastic staff all very friendly and helpful. Spotless clean very comfortable beds and an excellent breakfast . Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Wow is all I can say about this place. The lady on reception at lunchtime 9th June 2012 should be customer services person of the year. I have never had such a good welcome, even though we were several hours early before we could check in she had us booked in, car park sorted, directions to the palce where we were going, taxi booked, internet and breakfast sorted all in just a few minutes. Nothing was too much trouble and she was so pleasant and friendly at the same time I couldn't help but be oustandingly impressed. The hotel itself is very good, very clean and it's in a great location too! We ate here at the attached restaurant which was very good and extremely reasonable - no London prices here!!! On returning from our day out the staff on duty that evening were also extremely helpful and friendly, they kept the bar open for an extra few minutes so we could get drinks and again nothing was any bother to them. I would recommend this place to anyone, the standards are extremely high and worthy of a much higher grade of hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have spent 4 weeks at the Premier Inn Croxley Green so far this year. I have even managed to get a few nights of this at the £29 per night room rate. The rooms are spotlessly clean. The staff are as friendly as any 5 star hotel I have stayed in. An excellent experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the rear parking area are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and myself stayed in this hotel on 29/06/12 after visiting the Mclaren Technology Centre.The hotel was easy to find off the M25 and was well placed for our journey back up the M1 on the Saturday morning.
We had an evening meal which was very good and the breakfast the next morning was even better.
Our room was quite big and the bed lovely and comfortable. We are already looking to book this hotel again for our trip to London in October

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I booked the wrong premier Inn and wasn't allowed to move Hotels, my fault maybe but I don't see why I couldn't move or why customer services was closed because it was sunday, they had a full compliment of guests so why weren't they serving them? I had the Chinese eat all you like which was one of the worst chinese meals I'd ever experienced, it was cheap though.
Watched the final of the Euro cup, the air conditioning was too cold and the TV wasn't in a great location, they couldn't improve the temperature so in the end went to my room and watched it there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

basic premier inn facilities. restaurant crowded and food ordering at the bar not pleasant amongst the drinkers also long waits between courses
. go elsewhere to eat. helpful and polite staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business