“Well pleased with Hotel”

Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed for one night,didn't have breakfast,so can't comment on that.A spacious ,clean room(330),bigger than a lot of 4 star hotels.I like firm beds,so this suited me fine.A good location for the town,and free parking,not like some hotels.The staff were helpful and friendly,we were short of towels and this was sorted straight away.Prices vary,depending on day of the week/time of the year.We paid £59 for a double bed on a Friday in February.We will stay there again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel

Reviewed February 13, 2013

THis is a superb Premier Inn, great location for Watford, and for Harry Potter Film Studios and North London area. Staff were friendly and helpful the best I have ever come across at a Premier Inn. The restaurant and bar is small but surprisingly good and good value to. Car parking is also good. Lovely large bed overall first class for the price paid.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one evening to see a show at 'The Pump House Theatre'
Hotel from the outside looks very modern and appealing.
Apon arrival, the reception staff were fantastic - served by 'Katie', who couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming.
Stayed in room 309 - was large, and exceptionally clean. The bed was massive and the bathroom was spotless.
Room came equipped with a fan which I have never had before without asking.
Katie helped us with directions to the theatre and spoke to us afterwards, asking how our evening went.
Exceptional customer service and I would return here just for that.
The restaurant team for dinner and breakfast were equally welcoming and friendly.
Only thing I could say was that the way they arranged the resturant for breakfast ment that all the tables were very close together and we felt some personal space issues, but very small complaint in an otherwise fantastic stay.
Really great ambassador for the Premier Inn brand! :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We visited Watford for the Harry Potter studios tour at Warner Bros Studios and rather than join the exodus from London on a Friday evening on the M25 decided to stay overnight. A warm welcome awaited us at Reception. The young guy who greeted us chatted easily and genuinely. We had a room on the second floor and were reminded of the guarantee of a good night's sleep or we could have a refund. Crisp white bed linen and a choice of pillows and a decent shower. We had breakfast there too. It was the usual help yourself to juice, cereal etc howeve the hot items were cooked to order and we were told we could repeat our order if we wished because it was eat as much as you like. Our waitress was helpful and chatty and recommended I try the vegetarian sausage. When we left we were wished a safe journey home by a smiling and friendly receptionist. I've stayed in other Premier Inns but the staff at Watford really make this a standout location. I'd definately chose to stay here again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: On the night we stayed it would seem everyone on our floor observed the Sshhh! signs and we had a gr...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We visited Watford for the Warner Brothers Studios (Harry Potter) and the Harlequin Shopping Centre so the Premier Inn was a perfect base. All the staff were friendly and knowledgeable and nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms are comfortable and surprisingly quiet. We arrived late at night and had no idea until the morning just how close we were to the road and railway line! Didn't hear a thing.
I recommend the full breakfast - it's good quality, freshly cooked and value for money, especially since children under 16 can eat for free.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here just the one night from the guy on reception, to the staff in the breakfast room. Everyone was most helpful and pleasant. Would use this premier inn again if I'm in the area. It's only a few minutes walk from the main shopping centre. The main train station, Watford junction, is about a 15 minutes walk away. So a taxi would be needed if you have a lot of luggage. The room was very clean and a good size. It well equipped with everything you would need. The bed was enormous and very comfortable. The only gripe I have was the heating it was a bit of a problem it turned itself of during the evening when I was out. So I came back to a chilly room. Got it working alright and the room soon warmed up. I had breakfast while I was there. All freshly cooked a nice choice available. Well worth the money

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked 2 nights in January for a stay in April charged £116 as the best rate
Now advertised as £96 this is how they treat loyal customers. No ,more
When I complained they did not want to know. They say they price like Ryan Air does(says it all)
They had a load of rooms cancelled (no wonder)

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Our pricing policy works in a similar way as many airlines where prices are reflective of the current market conditions. Although prices may increase at times of demand, they may also reduce on nights which are less busy.  We do have a Team who closely monitor all hotels in the area of key events to ensure that we remain competitively priced and offer our guests good value for money.