“Jimmy's”
Review of Jimmy's Restaurants - CLOSED

Jimmy's Restaurants
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: EAT YOUR WAY AROUND THE WORLDWhen you arrive at JIMMY’S, you’ll be shown to your table, & a drinks order will be taken.If you’re a first timer you’ll have the concept explained to you.Jimmy’s is an ‘All You Can Eat Buffet’ with all your favourite foods from around the world; Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Italian, and there’s also a selection of salads & don’t forget to leave room for dessert. There are LIVE STATIONS with chefs who will cook food to order…including mix your own ice cream.So, all you do is visit the buffet & fill your plate. Once you’ve finished your first plate you’re free to go back to the buffet as many times as you like.It couldn’t be easier.We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been to Jimmy's several times and have enjoyed the meal - such a wide selection of food, desserts - must admit the drinks are a bit expensive.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The food is amazing for a buffet. You will be disappointed if you are expecting a fine dining experience. It is a buffet after all! But it's the best buffet place I have ever been to. Lots of vegetarian choice too. The indian food is the best out of all the cuisines on offer. Freshly made naan bread and dosas are really good. Very good family meal out.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Very varied all you can eat buffet. Everything was OK, nothing was exceptional. Service pretty good, drinks a bit expensive. You would have to be very hungry or greedy to eat enough to get good vslue for the £16.95/ head charge. OK for a big group, not really worth bothering with otherwise.

1  Thank Derrick T
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had heard mixed reviews so thought I'd give it a go with a group of friends but we are all agreed... It's totally overrated.

Appeared to be a mix up with my booking despite having booked online and having a confirmation. Woman that greeted us told us to go straight through as our friends had already arrived- they hadn't but she didn't seem to be believe me.

When we all got seated, 7 of us ended up on a cosy table for 6. They seemed to think that adding a chair on the end so that one of us was in the way of other customers was acceptable. I had booked a week in advance so would expect to have a table ready on arrival.

Long wait for drinks. Disappointing and bland food. Miserable staff and overpriced.

Has the potential to be something good but its got a long way to go...

2  Thank ejp1606
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was part of a grout of 6 friends who decided to try jimmys and although we ha no booking we were seated within 5 mins ... but that's where it all started going downhill!.
First the 6 of us were seated on a table of 4, which we had to move to be able to squeeze in as we were so close to the table behind.
4 of my friend then went down to grab there food while we looked after the table/drinks, they soon returned and my wife and myself went down to view the "wide Varity" of food and boy was I disappointed, We were walking around for about 5 mins before we found some plates and there was very little choice, and even 60% of the food was dishes were empty. There were 3 chefs behind counters bustling about but was no indication or signs to what they were actually providing.
In the end I settles with some pizza and went back up to our table to eat and found out my friends had had wait for over 5 mins for cutlery.
The food is of very low quality, I've had better Tesco's smart priced pizzas, one of my other friend also showed me how the veg in his food were solid and uncooked and was nearly sick when he cut into his "medium" steak and it was completely raw in the middle (blue).
On the second round 2 of my friends found a hair in the one of the serving dishes and I ended up empty handed as the only item I liked was surprisingly empty. I was told to go back in 10 mins and then was shocked to see the food put our a soon as I had returned to my seat, I then rushed down and only just got the last piece, Leaving the dish empty again.
I was excited to have some chocolate fountain for dessert but was unable to finish it due to the extreme low quality of the chocolate.

At the end of our meal we were asked if we had enjoyed our experience and explained all the problems we had had, we then had to argue the fact that we had reported the hair to the chef and in the end he went to ask the chef (basically he was calling us liars). He then returned and said he would give my two friend who found the hair the meal for free and a 10% discount for the rest of us, but when the bill came there was only 1 meal taken off, we spoke to the gentleman again, and again had to argue what he had said only a few moments ago (Basically calling us liars again). He then left and the manager appeared, we explained the situation to him and he said he would honour the previously agreed discount, but when the bill can back again the 10% had not been included and the had charged us for drinks we had already paid for at the bar! We then spent another 5 mins arguing the drinks which were eventually taken off. Very angry and tired by this point we decided the missing 10% discount was not worth the hassle and paid.

I will never return and will advise all against going!

4  Thank BazNewman