“Undoubtedly THE best Indian restaurant”

Rabbani Indian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 257 Restaurants in Watford
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rabbani's is a family run Indian restaurant with over 15 years of experience, located at the top of the High Street in Watford. We offer a vast range of authentic Indian dishes which are made using only the freshest, top quality ingredients. Our head chef originates from Bangladesh and has over 25 years experience in creating some of the finest dishes.
London, United Kingdom
“Undoubtedly THE best Indian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I heard about Rabbani's through word of mouth so i decided to pop over there witha couple friends. First and foremost, their service is impeccable; welcoming and friendly staff with a warm atmosphere and ambience. The menu had an exquisite array of fine Indian (Bengali influenced in particular i think) dishes; both starters and mains. I had the Chicken Tikka which was immaculately prepared and cooked; you can definitely tell the ingredients used were fresh and not frozen. The naan bread were light and fluffy, not your standard ready made or old naan they warm up for you at normal indian places. The service was great, and it's great to see the manager interacting with the customers to see whether everything was fine. You can tell the staff at Rabbani's really care about their customer satisfaction. Finally, i can actually say this is the first Indian restaurant where we haven't been ripped off as the prices were extremely reasonable. I urge everyone in Watford, living or just passing through, to head over to Rabbani's; just on the high street which is really great location too! Definitely going back!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank dgilly11

Rossendale, United Kingdom
“post-match curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

After meeting up with a couple of mates we went to see Watford FC and had a coupke of cheeky beers post-match. Non of us are from Watford so we asked the barman where to go. he recommended this place and we werent let down. Top food, great service would happily recommend!

1 Thank Robert G
Watford, United Kingdom
“Good value, yummy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had a leaflet through the door about this place and had seen it in passing, but had never been. When I looked on their website I saw they had an offer on a Tuesday evening: any starter, any main course, any side dish, any rice or naan bread and coffee all for £9.95.

My friend and I went on a Tuesday to take advantage of this offer. My starter was prawn puri which was spicy prawns in a kind of wrap. The portion of prawns was substantial and very tasty. My main course was chicken tikka masala which was not mean on the chicken and tasted creamy. I had pilau rice and the best Peshwari naan I have ever eaten - puffy with lots of coconut inside.

The Kingfisher beer tasted quite flat but it went well with the food.

For the promotional price, this was very good value. The service was quite good and the restaurant was nice and quiet. Often people moan about restaurants having a lack of other customers but I like this as it's quieter and the staff are more attentive.

After we had left I remembered that they had not offered us the coffee we were entitled to. This was a bit cheeky or unprofessional on their part.

The location is good, being on the High Street by the pond.

I think Rabbani's is a good restaurant with a good offer on the night I went. I will definitely be going back.

• Visited November 2012
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went here with my son and his wife on a Friday eve and was less than half full. They could not rush us through the courses any quicker and when they tried to serve main as clearing starters I told them whooh! When I asked for bill they did not want to give me time to scrutinise it as it arrived with card machine. I told them to wait while I checked this scrappy Hand-scralled bill.
Tucked in half way down was an item for £6.40 and I queried it. Response was "it's £4.40." Still not explaining. He looked uncomfortable and he agreed it was £6.60 but kept muttering something I could not hear. When pressed he said it was a "charge" and I asked for what. Reply "service."
No mention I could see of this on menu. Rip off. I decided if service needs rewarding.
This is a poor establishment which even tg
He most mediocre Indians restaurants in rural n
Norwich knock into a cocked hat. Avoid!

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank Seamus F
Watford, England, United Kingdom
“Quiet Night Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Went to Rabbanis' with my partner for a quiet curry out, the service and staff were very friendly. A very well family run establishment. And the food was spot on!

• Visited October 2012