“Try this place for yourself! You won't regret it :)”
Review of Spice Lounge

Spice Lounge
Ranked #17 of 281 Restaurants in Watford
Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian restaurant and takeaway
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Me and my friend from Edinburgh went into the Spice Lounge a few Sundays back and found the food fantastic,the service first class,and the owner and staff extremely helpful!
Always made us feel relaxed and were genuinely sincere and friendly towards us. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves a proper Indian meal as the standard of food is first class!!
From the light,puffy rice to the beautiful tender strips of chicken and spices blended in! Every tasted amazing and you can definitely tell they know what they are doing in the kitchen.
Thank you once again guys! I'll be back soon to sample more Indian delights
Lee

Reviewed November 27, 2012

we went to watford town centre on last friday with my brother.In watford i found spice lounge and saw their evening special as we hungry, i told my brother lets try their. It was small resturant. As i am bengali i like their food & services. It was nice and spicy. Anyway they ask me to give a fair feedback. In a word their food quality is really good. I am strongly disagree the person who gave his review before me. Because the waiter took our order " asked hot, medium or mild" Unfortunately again the manager came and confirmed hot, medium or mild.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My wife and i ordered from this place on a cold winter night and were looking forward to it as it had good reviews. However, after ordering some fairly basic dishes, i have to say that it was really bland and lacked any flavour whatsoever. I had to 're-cook' it to make it edible. Without being racist or rude i have to say that the food was typically bengali!(sweet). If you are north indian or like your dishes spicy and hot then please donot order from this place as it will be a waste of money!.

I specifically asked the person taking the order to make mine extra hot and it turned out to be sweet!. Cant say much more. Donot waste your money.

5  Thank Rowns11
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Checked into the Premier Inn in Watford Central, dropped the bags and went out looking for some spicy food. There is a lot of choice here, but I have visited this area many times before and new which ones to give a wide berth to.
the Spice Lounge was on the left hand side as we were walking down the road and has a very bright, red backlight sign which makes it look slightly unappetising. I checked its web site which was very professional and smart and it told us that this restaurant has a 5* rating for hygiene. The difference between the 'common' sign and the website intrigued us so we thought we would give it a go. On walking in we were given a warm friendly welcome and were shown to our seat. Within a few minutes we learnt that it was under new management. I asked if they were responsible for the website, which looked stylish and smart and / or the shop frontage which did not.It turned out that the website was theirs and the frontage was not. (which gave me hope).
We ordered and they took care to ask if there were any additions to a dish that would add to our enjoyment of it and they explained other dishes and how they could customise them for us. They know how to make customers feel wanted and they are taking the trouble to train their staff well. I was particularly impressed in the way their staff were spoken to by the manager, they were as polite to them as they were to their guests with many please and thank you's.
The food when it arrived was exactly as described and tasted subtle and interesting but with the reassuring tastes that make a first class indian dish. The wine list was the same old rubbish one associates with indian restaurants with nothing very interesting save for a passable St .Emillion but it is probably better to stick with the kingfisher. Wines by the Glass were readily available and averagely priced.
The desserts unfortunately are the normal factory made 'Punky' type rubbish and that was disappointing but other than that this restaurant, with it's new owners deserves to be a success and should be visited when one finds oneself in Watford (!!??!)

Reviewed August 28, 2012

have a night out with my family on this resturant.i must say food was tasty and service was excellent and fast........,love to go again.recommend to all people. must taste their food........