“You don't HAVE to wear the hats!”
Review of Tarboush Cafe

Tarboush Cafe
Ranked #2 of 258 Restaurants in Watford
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a small friendly restaurant close to the centre of Watford. We serve authentic freshly made lebanese cuisine and have an all weather garden area where people can eat, relax, maybe smoke a shisha pipe and forget they are in the Britain for a little while. We are open 11am till midnight, seven days a week.We can cater to large and small parties so if you are planning an evening out give us a call or pop in and see us.Hopefully we will see you soon.
Hertfordshire
“You don't HAVE to wear the hats!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My family and I visited this restaurant last night in celebration of my birthday and had a great evening. The restaurant is quite small but we discovered that there's a bedoin tent outside the back where about 40 people were sitting - it was very atmospheric. Bit chilly in the winter but would be pleasant at warmer times of the year. We had a meze which was delicious - and the cost was very reasonable. They do not take cards so you must take cash and they don't have an alcoholic license so you can take your own or buy some from the Costcutter down the road - they charge £2 per head corkage. I would recommend this restaurant as somewhere different to Indian, Chinese, Italian etc. and it would make a jolly party venue for a group.

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Bushey, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, good service, good food and reasonably priced”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Always enjoy eating here and visit often for lunch and dinner (is also good for an occasion as you can order platters for the whole table to enjoy). Staff are helpful and friendly and the manager always has a smile (and loves taking photos of his customers enjoying themselves) the atmosphere really good (especially if you sit out the back in the tented area, where you can also have shisha pipe). The food is always good (sometimes there is a bit of a wait as everything cooked from fresh). Reasonably priced and no surprises with a drinks bill as you bring your own alcohol.

• Visited September 2013
Bristol, UK
“Great food”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Booked because of the reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed great food, good value, would go back.

• Visited October 2013
Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Unexpected spot in Watford!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went to Tarboush for lunch one day after reading the great reviews on Tripadvisor.

The walk there from the city centre is interesting. I passed a strip club, and the area seems to be partly depressed. However, this does not take away from the quality of the experience in Tarboush.

Even when it was quiet at lunch time, I was treated very well and was given recommendations on what to eat. The decor is very nice, and middle eastern in style. There is even a Shisha garden at the back of the venue- which I know a lot of people look for!

The food itself was very tasty. The hummus was lovely, and highly recommend the Lamb Shish. Overall, a fantastic choice.

• Visited November 2012
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Excellent place”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been here three times. I like it alot. It is on a very cosmopolitan street a bit away from the main town centre and I like the fact that there is a huge mix of races, languages, ages etc. The food is good and the staff are friendly - I eat in the front restaurant area rather than the shisha garden. Usually on my own so haven't tried a huge range of dishes.
It's not licensed but they are fine with you going to the mini market next door to get something. Corkage is not expensive.
Very good value