“Excellent place”
Review of Tarboush Cafe

Tarboush Cafe
Ranked #2 of 258 Restaurants in Watford
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a small friendly restaurant close to the centre of Watford. We serve authentic freshly made lebanese cuisine and have an all weather garden area where people can eat, relax, maybe smoke a shisha pipe and forget they are in the Britain for a little while. We are open 11am till midnight, seven days a week.We can cater to large and small parties so if you are planning an evening out give us a call or pop in and see us.Hopefully we will see you soon.
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Excellent place”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been here three times. I like it alot. It is on a very cosmopolitan street a bit away from the main town centre and I like the fact that there is a huge mix of races, languages, ages etc. The food is good and the staff are friendly - I eat in the front restaurant area rather than the shisha garden. Usually on my own so haven't tried a huge range of dishes.
It's not licensed but they are fine with you going to the mini market next door to get something. Corkage is not expensive.
Very good value

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
“Mmmmmmmm!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

4 of us dined here on the bank holiday after it was recommended to us. Wonderful warm greeting and speedy service. The manager was happy to help us when we couldn't decided on starter to share.

As the only vegetarian I chose to have extra starters as my main, as there went many veggie mains to choose from. I did feel that the starters were small for the price, especially when you're sharing which is the intention. I would say 2 starters per couple is ample, if you're having a main. It was more than made up for with the main courses which we're huge and difficult to finish according to my friends.

Overall lovely atmosphere and beautiful food!

• Visited August 2013
“Five Star Food in Watford!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We moved to Watford two years ago from London and after eating regularly in Edgware Rd we were so pleased to find a local lebanese which is to the same standard if not better. The manager and chef are delightful. We've recommended it to all our friends who also love it. We also feel it's very good value for money.

west country
“About the 6th time I have visited food atmosphere amazing”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We'll wot can I say I have visited a few times it never fails to please I have brought customers and fellow workers here they all love it best place in Watford

• Visited October 2013
Watford, United Kingdom
“excellent local restaurant”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

In a sea of mediocrity, as personified by Watford's many chain restaurants , Tarboush stands out. I'm so glad it exists. Good quality, authentic, well priced food in a relaxed, though buzzy setting. The staff are friendly and look as if they enjoy working there, which is most unusual. Even on the exceptionally busy Saturday night that i recently visited on, they were always attentive and unrushed.
I always eat different dishes when I go there and each one is never less than good. The great thing about Lebanese food is that it is just as good for vegetarians as it is for meet eaters. There's almost no excuse not to go and try it out. Try to book ahead on weekends though as it is very popular with those who know.

• Visited September 2013