2,031 results
All reviews toby carvery next door breakfast staff breakfast was amazing twin room harry potter plenty of parking minute drive saturday night motorway wembley
Reviewed November 9, 2015 via mobile

Is this really a Hilton Hotel?

As you approach from the road and turn into the car park the familiar Hilton brand is evident!

Enter through the glass entrance doors to reception and doubts creep in........ Yes the staff are wearing Hilton uniforms but the hotel doesn't have the feel of the Hilton brand......that attention to detail is missing as is the touch of elegance a Hilton always exudes!

After checking in, taking the lift to my floor the story gets worse!!! The doors open and a long corridors presents itself with a 1970's swirl pattern carpet, heavily varnished bedroom doors and dado rail just like my parents had back in the day. I found my room and entered reluctantly.........

The carpet was tired, and screamed 1970, the room was furnished in heavy wood furniture again varnished and overpowering just like you would get in a cheap bed and breakfast at the seaside, the bathroom was tired, the dripping tap had done so for years, the toilet had a leak and the stain on the tiles said this was an age old problem that no one had taken the fare and attention to rectify.

The bed was no better, fresh, clean and pressed Hilton bedding but the bed was old and uncomfortable.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement!!

Not what I've come to expect from the Hilton brand and this hotel can and will drag the brand image down to new lows for me.

The one redeeming feature is breakfast.........hot buffet food which is well presented, edible and a pleasant experience unlike the rest of the place and unexpectedly served on hot plates.....

One to avoid until a total makeover has occurred.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank James2252
Angela H H, Manager at Hilton Watford, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2015

Dear James 2252,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Hilton Watford, I am sorry to read of your disappointment with your recent stay. I appreciate your comments on the building and its age it does show signs of weathering. You will be pleased to know that we have started a phase of refresh which will see another 50 rooms refreshed, we have recently added a pantry to our lobby area. James 2252 I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly on karan.sobti@hilton.com to discuss this further, I hope we get the chance to welcome you back and you experience the updated rooms.
Best regards
Karan Sobti

Reviewed November 8, 2015

Initially, on walking into the hotel, I was slightly dubious; the trainee receptionist was unfriendly and unsmiling, and not up to Hilton standards. However, her colleague who took over was excellent, and made up for the initial poor start.

The room was spacious, clean and bright, although a long walk from the main reception (beware if you can't walk a long distance). The restaurant for breakfast was excellent.. with a good choice to suit all palates, and if pre-booked was good value at GBP7 (instead of GBP15).

On the Saturday evening, there was a large function, and so parking was difficult (involved a longer walk and lots of wet slippery leaves.. unsafe) and the noise went on until late. However, on the other nights, the room was quiet and the parking was easy.

This is a good comfortable hotel.. would stay again.

Room tip: If you cannot walk a long distance, then do mention on booking, as some of the rooms are quite a distance away.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Angela H H, General Manager at Hilton Watford, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2015

Dear LondonFamily88 I am pleased to read that your overall experience was a pleasurable one. Thank you for the candid feedback regarding the check in experience and Saturday night, I will ensure that this is reviewed with my team. I hope that it is not long before we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton Watford, Thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated. Kind Regards, Stacey Boast, General Manager

Reviewed November 3, 2015 via mobile

The Hilton Watford - The front desk: we had a couple of questions regarding the area and they were highly informative. The breakfast team: the buffet breakfast always had a good supply of hot and cold items, juices, fruit and pastries. All the team smile and appear to enjoy their work which makes for a relaxed experience. A quick mention about housekeeping - a credit to the hotel chain. Watford junction rail station is a short drive and goes to Euston station where you can start your underground experience. One last thing, a very nice 4 day break was made more affordable with Tesco club card vouchers which the hotel accept. We were not treated differently to any other guest, perhaps other hotels can learn from the Hilton Watford with regards to this.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Angela H H, General Manager at Hilton Watford, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2015

Dear dazzrags, Thank you for choosing the Hilton Watford as your base to explore London during your 4 day break. The team will be delighted to hear your feedback about the service they provided and how you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we may welcome you back in the future. Kind Regards, Stacey Boast, General Manager

Reviewed November 3, 2015 via mobile

We arrived early (very) after a long drive from Manchester to try and beat the traffic and still get into London for a decent trip. On first sight as other have said the hotel is not the most pleasing on the eye but it's an old hotel built at a time when architectural efforts were not at their best, let's judge it by what it offers.
The reception welcome was interesting ... We enquired about early check in but was told our room was not ready (we had checked in online) so we asked about using the safe - to be told there was a safe in the room. The second receptionist jumped in and said 'but they don't have a room!' - a comedy moment. We asked to use the hotel safe and after nipping to the car to get the items we wanted to store the receptionist asked if we were happy to take a different room - we were happy with that and took our luggage there; It was clean and what was expected from the photos online. We didn't hang around and popped off into London.

We used uber and it cost around £6.50 to Watford Junction station where we got a train for £5 using oyster/contactless.

We used the hotel bar for a complimentary drink where the staff were friendly and efficient too.

The next morning we headed for the hotel breakfast. Lots of choice and really friendly staff. It was a really good standard and no single part of it disappointed.

All in all a really good stay and we'd be happy to return.

It's very conveniently located for the Warner Bros studio tour and it's free to park at the hotel and the attraction so ideal of you are bringing a car.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank scottmF9338HH

Dear Steve M, Thank you for sharing your review of the Hilton Watford. I am pleased that the team was able to accommodate your request for an early check in with a suitable room move and facility of a safe. I hope that you enjoyed your trip to London and will visit us again if in the area. Kind Regards, Stacey Boast, General Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2015

Last time I stayed here was on a Friday evening and the noise from a wedding reception ruined the whole night. This time I visited mid week and the whole experience was a lot better.

Reasonable to high priced (for Watford) but good accommodation.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Dave B, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is great to hear that this experience was much better and hope that you will stay with us again soon at the Hilton Watford. Kind Regards, Stacey Boast, General Manager