“Perhaps the best available in Watford for a reasonable price”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Watford

Hilton Watford
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perhaps the best available in Watford for a reasonable price”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Good place, well located, average Hilton hotel with a very good breakfast. The place is huge, but rarely full. As usual they try and charge you for Internet, however, it is waived if you complain. The is also a restaurant and pub downstairs.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luton
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stay here every year for my husbands Xmas work do. The hotel is always very clean and in a good state of repair but it is a little but average in the rooms and the beds are very firm! The food is always very good at breakfast and the staff are always helpful and friendly. It's situated in a main road and the views from the window include Costco or some kind if builders yard?
It's a nice enough hotel but I don't get very excited when I go and stay there!

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here. We are HH members so got a better upgraded room for only £12 per night. Stayed in Elton room. Very clean and spacious. We used swimming pool and sauna, staff were helpful and friendly. Again all was clean and easy to use.
Very close to motorway and easy to get to tubes and other restaurants if wanting to travel 5 mins down the road.

• Stayed February 2013
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The first time I stayed at this property was in 2007. I've probably stayed at this hotel 20 or 30 times on business due to its location. I remember deciding to no longer stay there sometime in 2008 due to the definite smell of mildew and generall shabby dampness of the place, despite the HHonors points that staying there awarded me.

I returned again in December of 2012 and since it was only for the one night I decided to give the place another go. I am not dissapointed. The hotel looks much the same from the outside but the room I was allocated was much better than I remember. They must have refurbished the place as it was clean, modern and very comfortable.

I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a place to stay in and around Watford.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Hotel has a nice big carpark, friendly staff, and the night we went there was a party in the bar which was a good laugh. The maids and the reception and bar staff all were friendly and greeted me every time we came into contact which is great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was part of a group booking staying at the hotel on a Friday night. Check-in was quick and easy, the rooms comfortable and the food / service good in the restaurant.
However, on entering my room I knew immediately it was a smoking room (perhaps I should have guessed having had to go through a closed set of double doors). The smell was disgusting and I knew I couldn't sleep in the room. I immediately rang to reception to ask to change rooms (having first confirmed it was indeed a smoking room). I was advised that the hotel was fully booked and so not all of us could be accommodated in non-smoking rooms (to my knowledge, I was the only one in our group!); when I persisted witih my request I was told someone would get back to me in a few minutes. When, ten minutes later, no one had called me I rang down again. This time a gentleman answered - he assured me someone would get back to me in two minutes. Sure enough, they did but only with a twin room which was not what had been booked.
Down in the restaurant, I ran in to the group organiser - within two minutes, he came back with a non-smoking double room!
I understand 5% of rooms are kept back for Hilton Honours (HH) guests but this would equate to approx 20 rooms. So I find it extraordinary that just one of these rooms could not be sacrificed for a client with a genuine grievance. My point is that, had I not been part of an HH group, I would not have received the room I booked and I found this level of service not only inconsiderate but completely unacceptable.

Room Tip: Make sure you insist on a non-smoking room if you don't smoke!