$80
$77
$58
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $75/night.

Jurys Inn London Watford(Watford)(Great Value!)
$62
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $72/night.

$81
$73
Trip.com
  • Breakfast included
$72
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $80/night.

$65
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel(Watford)(Great Value!)
$86
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel(Watford)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotels.com
1,132 results
All reviewssteam room and saunafull englishcomfy bedlovely staffharry potter tour
Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is 4* but felt more like 2* with very basic room. Restaurant staff were the slowest that I have ever had to encounter. The meal took over 2 hours from ordering to leaving. Food was nice but a service charge of 10% was added assuming the service was good- it was not good.
Spa treatments need to be booked in advance so couldn't have any as I was only there for only one night on an advertised wowcher spa break.
At the bar I ordered hot chocolate that came without marshmallows that I paid for.
Gym was tiny and tatty like basic school facilities and really hard to find as signs didn't lead to where they suggested.
As you can tell I wasn't impressed and usually not hard to please.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Kirsti C
Allan P, General Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

Dear Kirsti C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my apologies for the elements of your stay that were not to your satisfaction. It is certainly disappointing to read that we did not deliver on a truly great guest experience. I along with the hotel management team review all guest comments to ensure we can rectify any shortcoming that are experienced so please be assured we will increase our efforts to deliver our goal in our goal in providing great guest experiences and satisfaction.

Once again please accept my apologies,and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future

Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2016

My gave my daughter an afternoon tea voucher from VIrgin Experiences currently selling at £39, she decided to go for valentines day with her boyfriend, and what a disappointment. They were shown to a dingy room and served something which did not represent the whole traditional afternoon team experience as advised on the voucher. I will attach photos so you see for yourselves, You will also be able to price the tea experience up, in my opinion on more than a fiver. There was nothing special about this experience at all. My advice would not to waste your money or voucher, The whole experience an absolute disgrace,

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Loveheart23

Dear Loveheart23,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is unfortunate that this visit was a disappointment on several aspects especially with your experience at Afternoon Tea being a problem. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and we will use the points you have raised to improve on what we can offer.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Regards

Reviewed April 4, 2016

Don't wait for a "welcome", neither a smile, people don't know what's a smile in reception.
Don't be a Platinum Accor Hotel card holder, you won't receive any attention from the staff, neither the welcome drink you are supposed to receive when arriving.
Don't speak another language, there is not any channel in foreign language in the whole hotel, watch English channels, or go away.
Don't ask for your invoice when arriving: they will ask you to pay before going into your room but are unable to give you the invoice before your departure.
And finally, don't look after good food: even for an expensive price (abusive I should say), you will get a chemical orange juice, no ham, no cheese and no nutella in your breakfast, just fat and greassy horrible things...

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
4  Thank Philippe P

Dear Philippe,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure London Watford Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

I have very mixed views. I found the hotel rather cold and unwelcoming, cold both in temperature and 'feel'. It was a special treat for my 18 year old daughter. First room we were shown to was very very cold and looked bare! Went to reception and they advised I could have an electric heater, that wasn't an option in my opinion! Asked for a different room and was moved no problem, this one had warm decor and heating which worked but WHO DESIGNED THE BATHROOMS? No door to the bathroom, that in itself wouldn't be a problem as there is a door on the toilet and on the shower but....glass doors and on the toilet door the middle bit is frosted but not the whole door so you can be seen sitting on the loo, the mirror in the bedroom section is set in such a way that person in room can see person on bathroom. Once you get out of shower there is no privacy to dry and dress. Perhaps whoever designed them assumed everyone using them are comfortable being naked in front of those they sharing with but this is definitely not the case with my teenage daughter ...sometimes I have shared with work colleagues, not a room id like to share!! Even had I been staying there with my hubby we would like some bathroom privacy so that's the biggest issue and if it's a Mercure design it would stop me booking into other Mercures. Crazy!
The day before we were due at the hotel I phoned to reserve a table for dinner, I was advised that as I had a dinner B&B booking I didn't need to reserve, which I found unusual. The following morning on checking in I asked the receptionist if I could reserve a table, she said no need as its a large restaurant and we wouldn't have problem getting table so I left it at that. When it came to us turning up at the restaurant we were told 'sorry if you haven't reserved we can't seat you as fully booked'. I was NOT happy and explained that I had twice asked to reserve a table, the manager apologised and advised us to eat at the bar! I said no way, I've booked a special weekend with my daughter and that doesn't involve eating at the bar!! So he said he would fit us in but we'd have to wait half an hour before seating, which we were happy to do. Food for dinner and also for breakfast the next morning was very good, good selection and reasonably priced, unlike the drinks which were typically over inflated hotel prices and I found wine by the glass very expensive. But that's most hotels.
Stefan at the bar was very helpful and friendly, looked after us both at lunch when we arrived and were hungry and again very good with our drinks in the evening. There were times there was a long wait at the bar as he worked alone until later in the evening when another gentleman was serving. That guy served me a non chilled bottle prosecco , didn't open it, said he was busy and if I wanted an ice bucket ask the restaurant!
When we were there we made use of the spa facilities, the pool, jacuzzi and sauna were lovely, the steam room seemed way too hot and anyone using it seemed to struggle with it. The negative is the ladies changing room, not very clean. We tried to book for treatments at the Inspirations spa , they were fully booked but then had two cancellations and managed to fit us both in for back, neck & shoulders massage, lovely! The girls there are super.

All in all very mixed reviews, on the whole enjoyed it but wouldn't go again.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family

Dear SEB1967,

Reviewed March 26, 2016

I stayed at this hotel with my partner and family. We had 3 rooms booked in total for 2 nights. We had booked as a package to go to the Harry Potter studio tour.

Upon arrival the hotel does look quite run down from the outside. We arrived a couple of hours before check in time and so knew that the room probably wouldn't be ready. I went to go and ask at reception if there was any possibility of a room being ready early and found the receptionist to be quite rude she just said the room should be ready for 1pm. We came back at 1 to see if the room was ready and I was just told a blunt no until I explained the other member of staff had said it would be ready we were then able to check in.

The room was better than expected having seen the exterior of the hotel but we were missing an iron and ironing board but just ended up borrowing my sisters from her room.

The breakfast in the morning was quite good and a fair amount of choice. Staff in the restaurant were a lot friendlier than on reception.

The location was good for the Harry Potter tour as it wasn't a far drive at all. I would probably stay here again if it was for 1 night but wouldn't book for a special occasion.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Millysam333
Allan P, General Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2016

Dear Millysam333,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I would like to extend my sincere apologies that the experience did not reflect our high standards of service and quality.

If you would like to pass on more information regarding your experience so that I can personally look into this further, please feel free to contact us at 056op@jupiterhotels.co.uk

Kind Regards,