“A good nights sleep”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A good nights sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We booked a package tour for the air show and this is where we stayed overnight.the room was on ground level and easy to access.a very well appointed room very clean and tidy.the package included breakfast and evening meal.both meals were buffet style,it may be because it was a deal but the choice and quality of food was very basic. We would stay again .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Pamela510

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will pass on your comments regarding the dinner package to the head chef so he can make improvements where required.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.

Janette McKenna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

hotel a little outdated and shabby from the outside but friendly staff, lovely breakfast,prime location for watord town centre and train station,will certainly stay in this hotel again, room was clean but lighting was poor, no bathroom door though which was strange

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kelly Wilson2014

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will pass on your comments to the team as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.

Manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The whole hotel looks shabby and outdated. Probably the height of fashion in 1970's. Most other reviews seem to say similar. However we found our room to be clean and the staff we encountered were very pleasant although only one had English as their first language and some had very little english and could not actually have a conversation.
The one MAJOR issue we had with this hotel, which I am amazed so few people have mentioned is the lack of a bathroom door and only a small cubicle style glass door on the toilet. There are some things even married couples dont share and toilet privacy is something i need! The mid section of the glass door was frosted but when seated on the toilet you are fully visible! Not a pleasant experience especially with full length mirror positioned in room directly outside bathroom area which means from the bed you are face to face with person on toilet! The most bizarre design of a hotel room I ever saw. I would neither recommend this hotel nor stay here again based on this experience.

Dear Jdneave

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. The rooms along the 2000 & 3000 coridores of the hotel are designed for single occupancy. I have spoken with the front office team and reiterated this point so as to prevent future occurances.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this matters to our attention. Mercure is committed to delivering the highest standards possible to guests and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mercure London Watford Hotel so that the team and I can demonstrate that to you.

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I write this as I'm still at the property. I stayed for 1 night on business. Bit of a wait to check in but reception staff were friendly.

Room 323 looks on to the rear car park. The room is extremely tired and nothing like the usual Mercure experience I have had in the past. Renovation is majorly needed. Other than the comfy bed, I have nothing positive to say. Wallpaper peeling off the wall, tatty carpet, chunks out of the clothes storage unit. Fair enough, I stayed at the beginning of a heat wave, but the lack of air conditioning and in adequately sized openable windows meant the temperature in the room was stifling. Unbearably uncomfortable.

One thing that concerned me was the white gunk on the bathroom tap. Hardly hygienic. The hotel might want to ask staff to clean this as it put me of drinking water from the tap and no bottled water is provided.

Room service was delivered quickly. Food was just ok.

As for breakfast... There seemed to be a large group of tourists taking most tables. Other tables were dirty. No staff available to seat me. So I had to seat myself near the entrance and take cutlery from large unoccupied tables (which I wasn't going to sit at alone). Food was ok.

Would I recommend? No. Would I stay here again? Definitely not. Disappointed as I rate other Mercures.

1 Thank jacmr82
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Jacmr82

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your comments with the management team at the hotel who have implemented measures in an effort to address the issues and to prevent future occurances.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. Mercure is committed to delivering the highest standards possible to guests and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mercure London Watford Hotel so that the team and I can demonstrate that to you.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Quite a plain looking building, not close to anywhere , had to spend loads on taxis, rooms were small with no bath and the bathroom was very small too. I wouldn't stay here again, only good thing is that there is a McDonald's right next to it, better spending your money there than in the restaurant , staff on reception are miserable , need to lighten up a bit.

Hull, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here as part of a coach trip so checking was painless. Afterwards I did have to use the reception desk and found the girls very friendly and extremely helpful. We had a room on the ground floor near the swimming pool, so probably the furthest point from reception, bar and restaurant. The first floor is wooden so any movement on that floor sounds below which can be annoying. The room itself was an adequate size with a very comfy bed but with poor dim lighting and no air con it made it feel stuffy and hot. The bathroom was small and surprisingly had a bath with shower over and the dreaded clinging curtain. The bar was well stocked with plenty of seating in and outside. The restaurant was buffet style and had a selection of dishes including veggie, as we were a coach party I guess the food quality and selection improved for other guests, but it was acceptable. Good range of food at breakfast. All the staff were pleasant and efficient. Good free wi-fi throughout the hotel. This business type hotel generally needs updating

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Spudlylight

inverness, scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in June. Upon arrival instead of twin room we were given a double (travelled with my female colleague) despite specifically requesting twin! We were quite disappointed to see a double bed. When we complained we were told we'd need to pay extra to get a twin room which is bizzare!! Very poor service.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere as hotel is out on the sticks.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank wild_strawberry24
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Wild Strawberry 24