Mercure London Watford Hotel
$86
$106
$88
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn London Watford(Watford)(Great Value!)
$78
$72
$69
$62
Travelocity
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel(Watford)(Great Value!)
$100
$45
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
$66
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel(Watford)(Great Value!)
$72
  • Bar/Lounge
$122
HotelQuickly
1,095 results
All reviewssteam room and saunaleisure facilitiesfull englishlovely staffharry potter tourcarla
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in June. Upon arrival instead of twin room we were given a double (travelled with my female colleague) despite specifically requesting twin! We were quite disappointed to see a double bed. When we complained we were told we'd need to pay extra to get a twin room which is bizzare!! Very poor service.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere as hotel is out on the sticks.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank wild_strawberry24
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Wild Strawberry 24

Reviewed July 11, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Mercure

Stairs and Hallway above the room. Very squeaky and noisy every time someone walked that way. This was not a quiet room at all!
The entire ceiling shook when people walked above the room- creaky and could hear every word spoken! This is the worse family room.

Bar closed at 23:00 and bluntly refused to serve us as she was cashing up. Very rude and anti- customer service. Told us to come back later... terrible service

Family Room was old. The lock on the Window near the 'extra bed' was broken.
Old, dated but overall poor.

No door in the bathroom! Lack of privacy,
blocking of unpleasant noises (and smells!). Ridiculous.

But the worst issue was the noise. All night all we got were people walking above the room and it felt as though the ceiling was going to collapse! When i mentioned all my issues upon checkout, i was told that "feedback is appreciated"... Thats it!!!!
Do not stay here. There is a Hilton down the road.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Perfect1world
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Perfect1world

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your comments with the seniour management team at the hotel who have implemented measures in an effort to address the issues and to prevent future occurances.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. Mercure is committed to delivering the highest standards possible to guests and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mercure London Watford Hotel so that the team and I can demonstrate that to you.

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for the first time (normally stay at Premier Inn, Croxley). Not sure if hotel is going through renovations as if you look left from reception it all looks.....tired. Looking right and it looks quite modern and stylish. The room was adequate with standard kettle and packet coffee etc but it also had a coffee machine (nespresso) + 4 capsules, which made a nice change.
Room had ironing board, pc and....leather recliner (?). Bed and bathroom were good with towels behind a glass screen. Shower was good, but in fixed position.
Only complaint was room was too warm and unable to open window due to external noise and security (ground floor).
Breakfast was nice with wide choice (full english, porridge, cereals, fruit, patisseries etc. Staff all seemed helpful and attentive.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Crazysurfkid

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will pass on your comments to the team, as this will act as positive encouragement as they endeavour to offer the highest level of customer service.

We hope to welcome you back soon for another hassle free stay.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The room lacked information not only about the local area but also what is available in the hotel. My Fiance and I would have gone for some spa treatments if any of the information was actually in the room. The room was filthy and the free standing lamp, which acted as the main light, had such a thick coating of dust that when we had it turned on it began to smoke. There were no numbers in the room for us to call the front desk to have it sorted and so we had to leave it off. I expected much more for the amount we paid and would definitely not recommend or stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AHBD
Allan P, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear AHBD

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with the Front Office Manager and Head Housekkeper. I will take appropriate action to ensure where possible these issues are addressed to prevent future occurrences.