“good service good food”

Indian Sizzler
Ranked #6 of 275 Restaurants in Watford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Sizzler we pride ourselves on exquisite food, professional and efficient service. We have just past our 5th Birthday and have become ever so popular with the locals as well as those visiting from afar. Our dining room boasts a large capacity, possibly the biggest Indian Restaurant in Hertfordshire. We have won many awards such as 'The best Indian Establishment in the South & Overall in the UK' by the Food Awards England 2015 & being awarded the 'Certificate of Excellence' awarded by the president of TripAdvisor in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015. Others include Watford Observer's #1 Eatery. Our atmosphere has been designed to put the customers at ease, pine wood tables, cutting edge water features all down to the quality of the napkins. We have spared no expense with the Sizzler and you will see just that. Our menu is of a modern age and changes very often, we experiment and push the boundaries of Indian Cuisine. Not forgetting what put Indian Cuisine on the map, you can be assured to find a lip licking Bhuna or a Coconutty Massala on our Menu's. We welcome you to try the first Indian restaurant in Watford to break away from the mainstream.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

the title says it all. We will be going back again for celebrations and general nights out. the staff we excelent.

1  Thank Banjobuddy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have been coming to the Indian Sizzler for quite a while now. Our latest meal there was in February 2013. The £9.95 deal is great value. I usually have the mixed starter which is really good. Then I have the Chicken Korma which is very creamy like it should be. The naan bread is great, along with the sag aloo and the mushroom rice. I haven't tried any of the sizzling dishes but they look very good. A coffee is also included in the price. We are usually offered a shot of a spirit of our choice before paying which is a nice touch. The staff are very friendly and attentive. We have also had the buffet on a Sunday which was very good, and used the takeaway service (20% discount when you pick up your order).

1  Thank stere0mike
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to the buffet here on Sunday and it was actually food really good. £15 all you can eat. tried everything and there were some really nice dishes available. The only two issues I have is the limited choice of dishes and the lack of labelling on the buffet trays. You don’t know what you’re eating. To someone who is quite fussy about the food they eat, I imagine that this would be a bit of an issue.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We visit the indian sizzler weekly and still get treated like royalty. the customer service is amazing and even better that the food is the best ive ever tasted at a indian restaurant. we love visiting and cant wait for tomorrow :)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

A restaurant that hides behind its 'good value' £9.95 deal that carries no substance. Arrived there with the family and while settling our baby at the table, the waiter must have told us to sit down 6 or 7 times?! We then noticed that the restaurant menu was totally different to the takeaway menu (advertised locally) so we ended up with two menus each and a very confused order. After a few dishes back to the kitchen to be changed over they got it right. My lamb tikka dish was like pieces of rubber and turned up cold. The curries tasted bland, the chicken tasted cheap with little or no flavour/spice at all. We told the waiter and he assured us he would have a word with the chef - yeah right! In my view, I would rather pay more for my meal and get a better quality of food.

4  Thank Kansta
IndianSizzler, Manager at Indian Sizzler, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear diner,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your opinion on Tripadvisor. I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at Indian Sizzler. I shall address your issues in the order you have raised them.
You mentioned that our waiter told you to sit down 6 or 7 times when you were at your table. This by any standard is wrong, and our award winning waiting staff would never do this, as my team have something that most restaurant do not; common sense. I may be wrong, but I am confident it was not 6 or 7 times. I am sorry you feel this way.
The takeaway menu and a la carte menu differ substantially with the exception of a few signature dishes. My query is why you used a takeaway menu to place an order when dining in a restaurant? I accept that most restaurant do not do this, and accept that most restaurants are boring and do not have separate, innovative menus. However I do not accept that a customer to be ordering off a takeaway menu when dining. When asked, we can cater if specific dishes are not on our menu. So I personally think it is your fault for confusing the order.
Our Lamb Tikka is served on a Sizzler which does not leave the kitchen until the Sizzler pan is over 120 degrees celcius. If you think this is cold, then I do apologize. As for the rubberyness, I do apologize for this and will look further into it. All chicken, lamb and vegetables are cooked daily in the morning freshly by our chefs. I am sorry that you think that our suppliers top branded chicken is of cheap quality.
My waiter did talk to the chef after telling you that he would, our chef was more than happy to talk to you. But when our chef patron came out, you had already left. We do tell our kitchen staff of any complaints for feedback. As feedback only makes us better.

I would like to apologize for your experience at Indian Sizzler, and hope you visit us again in the future. I guarantee that the restaurant was full when you visited, and there is a reason behind being the most successful restaurant in Hertfordshire.

Please contact me for any queries.

Regards,