“Not bad at all.”

Zinco Sapori D'italia
Ranked #13 of 257 Restaurants in Watford
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hertfordshire
“Not bad at all.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We've eaten here many times over the years and we've always found the food to be pretty good. On the odd occasion that there has been a problem it's been put right without fuss. Similarly, when we considered a bottle of wine to be substandard, it was exchanged promptly and with good grace.

The staff are very pleasant. They work hard but are observant and attentive. Most of them are foreign but they all have a good command of English.

The restaurant itself is a bit boomy and can be loud when it's busy. Some people don't seem able to have a conversation over a table unless they bellow, which is irritating. The best tables are the circular ones either side of the door - one is a little screened from the hubbub and can also watch the "beautiful people" parading up and down the High Street. Is it me or do a great many people seem not to possess a mirror with which to inspect themselves before they leave the house?

Our bill is always a little more than I expect. It's probably because I drink too much, but be aware that a service charge is added before the bill arrives. The writing is always indecipherable so one really has to look carefully.

The Gent's toilet isn't too pleasant. It could certainly do with a hefty refurb, starting with a decent hand drier. I've never been to the Ladies' but I'm told that it's "functional".

There are tables and chairs outside in warmer weather, which can be nice, but one needs to position oneself carefully in relation to the inevitable smokers. Check the prevailing wind.

All in all, this isn't a bad place to go for a bite to eat. It's friendly, has a reasonable menu and an adequate wine-list. It doesn't set out to be haute cuisine and if one accepts this then one will have an enjoyable visit.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Abertawe_Boy

“Good to be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I returned to ZINCO recently with a group of friends to celebrate my wedding anniversary. The food on their "Specials" Menu was exceptional - as good as being in Italy. The service was excellent and attentive. Overall, great value for money. I have to say that ZINCO is a very pleasant alternative to the branded High Street restaurant operators such as Zizzi's, ASK and Carluccio's which offer small portions of what cannot be called authentic Italian food. I would recommend ZINCO to anybody.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Radlett19
“Consistently good Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to Zinco for over six years, we always bring friends there when we are going out in Watford and everyone always enjoy it as they are consistent in their service and good quality food there is something on the menu for everybody particularly good seafood pasta, garlicky tomato bread and proper Italian thin large pizza, price average, the waitress smile and look after you busy atmosphere especially weekends!

2 Thank Foodilicious1
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Perfect Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My partner and I went here on a busy Saturday night as we were staying nearby for the weekend.
The food was pure authentic Italian and the service was both friendly and efficient.
We came across the restaurant purely by chance and are so glad we did. There was a wide variety on the menu and we were spoilt for choice!
Would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in Watford and doesnt know where to go!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Laura M
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have visited this restaurant three times in the last two months and have had excellent meals.The pastas and the breads are to die for.The pleasant staff help to create a good atmosphere and I would recommend to visit with friends.Easy to get to and really is a nice,bright and well presented for a party feel.

• Visited January 2013