“Had great nite and food”

Jurys Inn London Watford
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Watford
“Had great nite and food”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Watford with my family n kids really we had fantastic meal the food was well presented n full of flavour I had nice meal after long time.. Compliment to all staff and chefs.we will recommend our family and friends to Watford

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Mdavid123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stay here often and have generally found it okay. But maybe that is because I have usually eaten out.

Tonight we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant.

All started fine with us ordering drinks and mains together hoping to speed the process along as we didn't want to be there too long.

After waiting more than an hour, mich of that time with empty glasses, our food eventually arrived. It was bland, and to make matters worse, one of the steaks that had been ordered well done came out rare. Needless to say, by the time this was rectified we had all finished eating and the person who had ordered the well done steak had had enough and gone up to her room and asked for it o be brought up.

Again we waited for an unreasonable amount of time for the plates to be cleared, still without any offer of drinks.

We were offerred dessert which we were hesitant to order, but were assured it would be quick. It wasn't, and again it was not up to scratch. My crumble was a fruit stew, with biscuit crumbs sprinkled on top (tasty but not crumble!), and the sponge my colleague had was so hard it could not be cut at the table without making a fool of ones self. Quite comical actually.

Did I mention we had still not been offered any drinks.

Finally, while clearing the dessert plates we were offered complimentary drinks, which we declined as it was after 10, and we just wanted to get out of there.

I requested the bill which eventually arrived delayed by the waiter trying to figure out how to add a discount.

While leaving, he said to me that he will remember me and the next time I am there he will ensure I get special treatment. Not sure if that was a threat or meant to make me feel better. Either it is irrelevant as I will not be eating there again.

Having previous run a steakhouse, I can make an reasonably informed assessment and I believe it is a very substandard kitchen that is causing the issues here. While the front of house staff are not going out of their weigh to mitigate the situation, this is probably understandable due to the demotivation that comes from constant dealing with disgruntled customers.

• Stayed October 2012
JurysWatford, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Harry-eat-a-lot,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your dining experience here at Jurys Inn Watford; may I offer my sincere apologies for the discomfort caused to you and your colleagues. I am extremely embarrassed to write this response as it is abundantly clear that we failed in many aspects of our food service on the 31st October.

At Jurys Inn Watford we take pride in ensuring our guests’ satisfaction. Unfortunately, on that particular serving period we did meet neither yours nor our expectations. That was largely due to the congestion of food orders between 07.30 PM to 09.00 PM.

However, there can be absolutely no excuses for the standard of food which has been presented to you during your stays with us and whilst I do not expect this email to attract you back to our restaurant I can assure you that your comments have been taken very seriously indeed and we will be doing all we can to avoid similar situation in future.

Thank you for speaking to my colleague at the Front Desk during check out. I believe she has resolved the issue up to a satisfactory level to win your confidence back on us.

Once again, I apologise for the obvious drop in our standards and for the inconvenience you faced as a result of this; if there is anything else I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Best Regards,

Kazi Ahmed
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. Lovely modern hotel. Decent sizes rooms, even with the sofa bed and foldaway single bed. Good breakfast and nice bar area - bar menu seemed reasonably priced.

Great location for station, 10 minutes walk down same road as hotel and just 25 mins into London. 3 miles from Harry Potter Studio tour. No car park but large one just round corner, just £12 for the 36 hours we were parked.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as it was close to the Harry Potter tour and it was great value for money the staff were very welcoming and a quick check in and out the rooms had everything we needed for out stay we had some food in the bar on out first night and the service was great and also at breakfast.
it was a buffet breakfast which suited us as we could have what we wanted.
It was just overall a great clean tidy and friendly hotel would highly recommend it :)

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Kyle341
North london
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Was here for business and It was a nice place to stay, rooms of a good standard, staff very helpful, can't really complain to be honest.
Bar was nice drinks were reasonably priced, nice rooms, nice staff, just a generally positive review on the hotel.
I live not far from the hotel and if I was going to stay anywhere it would be here.
stay here if ou get the chance!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night after visiting some local bars, etc so I didn't have to drive home.

Had a room by the main road, there was little traffic noise as the room seemed to be well insulated.

It's a very short walk from hotel into the town centre and to the shopping centre.

Parked in nearby Sutton Car Park, this cost just £6 overnight and was approximately a 2 minute walk to hotel.

WiFi in room chargeable but didn't need this.

Shower pressure good. Room clean and bed comfortable.

Coming back in the hotel at approximately 3AM there was security at the door, checking only guests were entering the hotel. This was reassuring.

Staff friendly/efficient.

Would stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Adam P
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

First time in a Jurys Inn. Won't be my last the hotel was only a 5 minute walk from the station and was on the edge of a busy shopping area. It's also a new hotel so looks good and you feel as though you are getting more for your money. Stayed for 3 nights. I really can't fault it at all. Spacious well appointed bedroom. 2 beds. A double and a single in our family room. Good shower and bath. Free view tv. Wifi is £10 per 24 hours. Typical of a business hotel. Plenty of 3G coverage though. Or. Nearby McDonald's if you get stuck. Breakfast was excellent. Plenty of fresh choice. Cereals, cooked, continental. Usual useless conveyor toaster. Bread goes in brown comes out white.
High praise for 2 staff here. Blonde haired female and dark haired in a ponytail. Both were excellent and very attentive. Took it upon themselves to interact with my son and asked about his stay etc. although shy he said they were nice ladies. High praise indeed. I suppose the lollipop helped!!
The only negative part was dinner in the restaurant. I ordered pork belly. It was undercooked, the fat was rubbery and jelly like. The pork itself was tasteless. The dish as a whole was really poor. However, my wife's chicken was lovely as was my sons pizza. The waitress recognised something was up by the amount of food left on my plate. She raised this with her manger and he came and spoke to me. I didn't make any fuss or ask for him nor did I complain but he took the meal off the bill and offered me another meal free. I politely declined and settled for dessert. Excellent customer service, excellent way in identifying a problem and solution was reached without me having to say anything. Faultless service. Highly impressed. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 318. Faces onto roadway High up and is 25 yards from lift and ice machine. No noise hea...