We where spending one night down in London to visit the Harry Potter studios and went by trip adviser reviews to book up.
Upon arrival which was literally a 2 minute walk from station, we where promptly given our room keys. 3 of us had a room to share, the room was clean, spacious and very up to date. There was two double beds, a little dressing area with chair and working TV, another dressing area with full length mirror and hangers/drawers then the toilet which had a shower, toilet wash shink and more mirrors.
The hotel was quiet and clean.
We had a night time tour of the HP studios and to our delight the reception staff told us of a £2 shuttle bus that took your right from the train station to the tour! Spot on as our taxi was quoted at £30.
In the morning we went down for breakfast which was included in the £80per room price, the breakfast area was small but had a large selection of hot foods (i.e fry up), tea/coffee, green teas, fruit juice, cereal and fruit and yoghurt, not to mention a lovely selection of pastries and jams.
This is not the most glamorous hotel I have been to, but it's the best rating I have gave I honestly couldn't fault anything from the price and the location to the service and quality I was really quite pleased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS LONDON WATFORD JUNCTION is situated 2 min from Watford Junction train station just off the A412, with close connections to M25 and M1. All 98 rooms have ensuite facilities with tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, flat screen TV and airconditioning.Ideally located for both corporate and leisure travellers. BT, Total Oil, Sanyo, TK Maxx, Taylor Woodrow, Beko, Haden Young, Camelot, Coface, KPMG and J.D.Wetherspoon are just some of the offices within walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is within a few minutes from 3 Golf courses, Purley Chase, Bushy Hall & the West Herts Golf Clubs, which are also popular venues for weddings. From the hotel one can reach TOP GOLF in 10 min, Watford Palace Theatre in 4 min, Pump House Theatre in 8 min, Watford Colosseum in 4 min, Oceana Club in 4 min, Harlequin Centre in 6 min & Watford Football Club Stadium in 6 min. The Hotel offers high speed internet access throughout and rooms are airconditioned. The hotel is an ideal base for Tour Groups with London Euston just 15 minutes by train. The Hotel has 2 Conference Rooms offering state of the art meeting facilities, natural daylight and 24 hour and Day Delegate rates. Parking is available in a pay & display car park just 2 min from the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Watford Junction Hotel Watford
- Holiday Inn Express Watford