“Best Chinese Restaurant I Know”
Review of Peking Garden

Peking Garden
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Dartford
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dartford, United Kingdom
“Best Chinese Restaurant I Know”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've been going to the Peking Garden regularly for over 10 years and it's always very good food served well. Obviously if you visit somewhere often you get to know the staff and they are all very helpful, especially Sam. It's strange how different people can have such different experiences of the same place but I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time, all I can say is they certainly please me and my family every time we go there. For me it is certainly the best Chinese restaurant in Dartford and probably the best restaurant of any sort. Good value for money too.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Gary W

Hampshire, England
“Really? Don't bother!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I were staying in Dartford for a quiet weekend away so checked on TripAdvisor for the best Chinese restaurant in the area (avid lovers of Chinese food!). So we booked a table at the Peking Garden and were looking forward to our meal.

The restaurant was easy to find and we managed to park right outside. First impressions were good, it was Saturday night, but early and it was already fairly busy.

Unfortunately everything went downhill from there, fast! We were shown to our table and given the drinks and food menus. When I asked about the house wine (only wanting a glass) the waitress was particularly unhelpful, so I settled for a coke!

We ordered a variety of starters as these are our favourite part of a Chinese meal and said we'd see how full we were after these to order any more. We waited, and waited, and waited! My husband had finished two drinks and we'd seen lots of other tables (some who arrived later than us) be served their food, but all we'd had were multicoloured, fairly tasteless, prawn crackers. Eventually the waitress came to apologise and said she'd check what had happened. Two minutes later one of our starter dishes arrived. Yes, just one! 5 minutes later another arrived, followed by one more about 5 minutes after that! The food was OK, but nothing better than that. The sesame prawns on toast were very greasy and to be honest, all the dishes tasted the same. We carried on eating and waiting, then eventually called the waitress over to say that one of our dishes had never arrived and neither had our sauces. So it all tasted very "samey" and we decided to just get the bill and leave!

I really would suggest you avoid this restaurant if you want good food, good service or any romance!

It was just OK, nothing more. Don't bother!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Flipfit
London, United Kingdom
“Dinner with friends”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food here is fantastic, now with an "eat as much as you like" option. However, even though it wasn't a full restaurant, the service was exceptionally slow, so much so that we had to get up and ask for the bill at the end of the evening. Don't let this put you off - the food was great, one of the best Chinese restaurants sampled for a long time.

• Visited February 2013
Dartford, United Kingdom
“This is the site of Dartfords 1st Chinese restaurant”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Dartfords first chinese restaurant was opened in these premises. But having been extended since that time it still remains, in my opinion, probably the most popular restaurant in Dartford. My wife and I have been visiting it fairly regularly for at least the last 40 years, under its original ownership and its present. The staff are always most welcoming and the food has always been very good and prices reasonable. There is always a pleasant atmosphere. If you are looking for a good chinese eating out experience then you will find it difficult to get a better one than the Peking Garden.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MrSnowy36
Dartford, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant in Dartford”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

To some, that may seem like a back-handed compliment, however in this case its well-meant. I've been going to the Peking Garden for most of its 20 years existence. Its an unpretentious family run place that offers great food at a fair price (the house wine is a little dear but Sam, the owner and I have had that conversation regularly). The food is just great and the freshly cooked to order "all you can eat deal from Sunday to Thursday (or is it Friday too?) is brilliant. We find ourselves regularly over-dosing on the starters and struggling to find room for the mains. Sam and his staff are friendly and professional. I must have eaten here a hundred times and I've never had a bad experience. Surprised not to find it on Trip Advisor till now. You have to look for this place - Its off the beaten track at the bottom of West Hill at the far end of the high street. Its well worth the trek.Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2012