“Cold”

Premier Inn Dartford
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The only problem we had when we stayed here was the room temperature. When we first got into our room, it was freezing. The air-con was on its lowest setting, and it was like walking into a fridge! We thought we'd turned the air-con up, and went to the bar to allow the room to warm up. When we got back a couple of hours later, there was not much difference, so I rang Reception - they were able to change the air-con settings remotely, and the room then warmed up. I'm not a Luddite or a technophobe, so I don't know why I couldn't sort it myself.

As an aside, to contact Reception you have to dial a premium rate number, from your mobile, as there are no phones in the room - be warned.

Once we'd sorted the room temperature, we had no more issues and had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Watch out for Room 118 and adjacent ones. The exhaust fans are located directly below and hum all night. If they give you these rooms ask for an alternative if you want a good nights sleep.

Otherwise the hotel was good although I found the restaurant a bit expensive.

Staff were very pleasant

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed at Dartford Premier Inn for one night. Very good location close to M25 and Dartford crossing. Booked on line, fast easy check in. Room clean fresh and tidy. Slept well. Great breakfast. Very happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Up until staying at the Premier Inn Dartford, Premier Inns were always my first choice for a budget hotel.

Whilst the hotel is modern, the rooms are comfortable and clean and the staff friendly. The hotel is situated just off the M25 and there are no other amenities nearby, so after a hard days work, the only choice of restaurant is the Beefeater which is part of the Premier Inn.

So I went down to the restaurant and there were clearly free tables and I was told there were no tables available and I could either have a bar table, (these were either dirty or occupied), have the meal in my room or book a table for 30 minutes time, I chose the latter.

I came back 30 minutes later and there were even more empty tables and I was told that there were no table available so I settle for a bar table I set up a tab and ordered my food, my main came and it was not to the usual standard, (I have eaten the same main at another Whitbread establishment and it was far better), I finished my main and waited 15 minutes for my dessert and it never came. I paid my bill and was over charged. I complained and I was told by the manager that even though I could see empty tables, these tables were been used and that I was expected to tell the bar that I had finished my main and that I wanted my dessert. I was very disappointed.

I have phone Whitbread customer relations twice and nobody answers the phone, I have sent emails to both Whitbread and Premier Inn and as of yet I have not received a reply.

I have voted with my feet and now stay at another budget hotel on the other side of the dual carriage way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The thing that stands out for me in this hotel, when I stayed, were the staff. They make you feel welcome and also they went thst extra mile to make sure you had what you want.
Food from the beefeater grill is good too. Staff serving you were also very good and made you feel as if you were a regular.
If you have stayed in a premier hotel before the rooms are much the same as most. Clean, modern, tv, big bed and a good size bathroom with shower. .

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were greeted on arrival even though there is an automatic check in facility. The staff were all very friendly and helpful during our short stay. The restaurant facilities were in the Beefeater joined on to the hotel by a link. The food was good and service was excellent. The hotel was quiet and the rooms were very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

staff brill you have to go best hotel i have stayed at with the price i paid room was graet nice and easy for the m25 good food we traveld to 4 other premier inns in the same week poole was a let down room was a mes bath room was a disgrace other wise very good

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Ibis London Thurrock
Ibis London Thurrock
#1 of 2 in Grays Thurrock

Been to Premier Inn Dartford? Share your experiences!