“Just what we expected of a Premier Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Dartford

Premier Inn Dartford
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Just what we expected of a Premier Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Like all Premier Inns this was easy to find (their always built near motorways for easy access) and with a big "Sainsburys" sign seen clearly from the road and easy to follow directions on their website, you can't go wrong. And of course with the backup of sat-nav if needed.
We chose this one because it was nearest to the venue we were visiting at Green-hithe but there were 3 other Premier's we could also use in the area, all at different prices though.
The taxi fare there and back for the evening out was very cheap, and certainly not London rates charged, which surprised me.
As usual this hotel, like all their others was spotlessly clean, brightly lit, and of course a lovely large bath in a spacious bathroom which is seldom seen in alot of hotels today (normall just a small shower cubicle in a corner) and of course a comfy bed.
Sunday breakfast in the Beefeater was a bit disappointing as they were clearly too busy for the staff to cope. Both the bowls of soft fruit and the one with berries in were empty, and likewise they ran out of fruit juice glasses and also cups for the tea. One flask of hot water was also empty . . . . . each time had to wait to have the stock replenished. I think it could have been the fact it was "Mothers Day" and they were just extra busy though.
In all a lovely stay and I must admit I just love Premier Inns . . . . I find they are far superior for value and standards, up against others.
And if you book via their website rather than phone you will get a better price deal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnmarilyn2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wandsworth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Situated in a little of a "hinter land" although transport links v good...new premier inn but a little bland and characterless even by PI standards....y u only get a standard double in a family room where a sofa bed is installed is a mystery........eat in the beefeater attached first night was a little disappointed as more was off menu than on & food was not that good although service was....all in all have stayed in better PIs even older ones....pity more is not there for kids in pis

Room Tip: Electricity pylons nearby heard complaints about buzz from these so ask for room away from these
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had a pleasant stay at this Premier Inn with my husband and two children. This was the first time any of us had stayed at a Premier Inn. I chose it because it was in a convenient location to the venue we were going to for an evening party and the reviews on Tripadvisor by others who'd stayed were favourable.

To be honest, it wouldn't have been my first choice as I work for a hotel company myself and can sometimes benefit from staff rates, but we had no availability in the nearest hotel owned. Despite this, I was favourably impressed by this Premier Inn. We were warmly greeted upon arrival by the lady at the check-in area and the kiosk check-in was a breeze.

The room was clean and comfortable and all facilities met expectations. The only two gripes I have, and hence my four rather than five star review are that 1) the wifi is only free for 30 minutes and 2) I couldn't get a fresh brewed pot of tea at breakfast, though having said that I did later notice a teapot on another table but this option had not been offered to myself when my order was taken.

All in all, a good stay. In an industrial area so don't go for the nice views, but very convenient, clean and comfortable and on this basis I would stay again and consider other Premier Inns on another occasion.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Not for the fresh air lover as the windows don't open at all at this location. 50% of our party stayed at the Holiday Inn Express across the street and even got a better deal including breakfast. The fixed window construction/policy of many of the premier inns lead us to cancel several bookings with them on this trip in favor of competitors that give you the freedom to enjoy a bit of fresh air.

Room Tip: upstairs, away from the power lines
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Came up from Devon to visit an elderly relative. On the recommendation of friends we stayed at the Premier Inn, which was a first time stay for us. Very warm welcome from Reception staff, very comfortable hotel and spotlessly clean everywhere. We had breakfast, good selection of food on offer and the cooked breakfast was excellent and piping hot.

We would thoroughly recommend this Premier Inn and would definitely stay there again if the need arose.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter G
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Having family around THE Dartford are, this is a really convenient hotel for us. Book early and get a great price. We can even find it without too much head scratching. Still a good place with enthusiastic staff and really clean and excellent rooms.
One small concern, try to keep away from room 116. I did not realise until the air con and toilet fan were off and in bed. There is the sound of large fans coming through from underneath!!
Next morning investigated and sure enough there are 3 large fans directly below the room.
Fortunately they were not as loud as my snoring but they could be a major inconvenience to a lighter sleeper.
I wonder if they save that room for the customers that do not pay full price?
We will know in future and dodge that bullet.

Room Tip: Do not accet 116 unless you are hard of hearing
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I had a voucher for an afternoon tea at the Rowhill Grange in Dartford and decided to make a weekend of it. I checked the price of a night's stay and found it very expensive so I checked out TripAdvisor for a cheaper alternative. Being used to individual country style hotels we were surprised at the time to find the Premier Inn as No 1 hotel in the area, with Rowhill Grange a few places down the list.

Checking out the prices, the Premier Inn was also £200 cheaper for the night we were after!!! Needless to say, we opted to book into the Premier Inn as we couldn't understand how another hotel could justify being so much more expensive and the reviews for Premier Inn were so good anyway.

Despite some comments on TripAdvisor, our SatNav took us straight there. We had a very warm welcome and were directed through to our room which was spacious, comfortable, well maintained and scrupulously clean! No complaints there. The staff we encountered each time we walked through Reception were all very friendly and seemed to be happy in their jobs. One Receptionist was particularly helpful when we asked how easy it was to get to Bluewater and he explained the bus route and how easy and cheap it was, so we left the car, had a short stroll to the stop and spent the afternoon shopping.

We decided to eat out for dinner (and regretted it, but that's another story). Came back to another warm welcome and a very comfortable night's sleep. Breakfast in the morning was extremely good, hot, cooked fresh and served to the table. All breakfast staff were also friendly and happy.

Had a fantastic afternoon tea the following day, but pleased we saved £200 as I spent that shopping at Bluewater!

Can't fault our stay really, and for the price, I'm sure we'll be staying at Premier Inn again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple