“Going to Orchard Theatre”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Dartford
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Poole, United Kingdom
“Going to Orchard Theatre”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Have stayed in this motel before and am going to do so again as ideal for seeing shows at Dartford Theatre. Very clean, tidy and rooms have comfortable beds. For overnight stays Travelodge in my view are preferable to other establishments; all I want is a roof, nice bed and somewhere decent to wash, shave etc; and compared to Formule 1 these places are like 4*

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

What a difference these newly refurbished Travelodges are compared to the old ones. They are actually quite nice to stay in. I used to dread thinking about the nights I was going to spend in them, but now I check to see if it's one that has been refurbished and I don't mind. Obviously, because of the cost, they are not as good as Premier Inns or Holiday Inn Express, but I stay in them as I have them paid for.

• Stayed May 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2014

The motel is close to the Dartford Tunnel, Bluewater and my friends! It is clean and good value though the approach seems to involve a great number of roundabouts but the postcode provided got me there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Stephanie L
Addlestone, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2014

After a few issues with my first stay at this hotel, I thought I wouldn't return, but when I had to book it up for a business trip, I decided to give the hotel a second chance, and this time it was much better.

The receptionist responded quickly to my call from the desk, and checked me in straight away. The room was good and the bed was comfy.

The only thing that I would complain about is the sound of the road, the previous time I stayed at the back of the hotel facing the car park which was much quieter, the road side was a little louder, even with double windows! I am slightly deaf and wear hearing aids, but I was still able to hear the roar of cars passing throughout the night!

Apart from that, the price was great and was a great option for a simple one night stay.

Room Tip: Request a room on the car park side for a much better nights sleep!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed at Dartford travelodge on a 3 night stay. Can't fault the place, staff were fantastic and helpful in suggesting local places to go and just general awesomeness.
However and here is the 'but' I left a bag of clothes behind which was my fault and I accept that but when I rang to see if they could be forwarded at my expense or sent to a local travelodge I was told that this couldn't be done and I would have to collect from there. This is a 340 mile round trip so I now have the choice to either sacrifice the clothes or spend a day driving down and back to collect them. It would be good if Travelodge had a system to forward items left behind to other travelodges to enable reclaim even at a chargeable rate.
That said, great hotel, fantastic staff (thanks Angie for the corkscrew) but just the little niggle after

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Portsmouth
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed at this Travel lodge on 26th April. It was clean and comfortable and just right for a one night stay. However, the greeting we got from the receptionist when we arrived really made it. ( I wish I had caught her name! ) It was 1600hrs and she could not have been more welcoming, cheerful and helpful. It is amazing how far good customer service can help to settle you in. Thank you! We would not hesitate to stay here again and thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

What do you want from a hotel? Sometimes you want five star luxury, but other times all you want is a clean room, a comfortable bed, decent en suite, somewhere to hang your clothes and a TV. All this for £39 a night on the outskirts of London, with free parking and wifi at £3 for 24 hours makes this hotel an unexpected bargain and one I will happily return to.

One more thing - we could just about hear the trains go by but I've stayed in much noisier city centre hotels and they certainly didn't disturb our sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Campanile Dartford
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Ibis London Thurrock
Ibis London Thurrock
#3 of 6 in Grays Thurrock

Been to Travelodge Dartford? Share your experiences!