“Rod Stewart Tribute Nite.”
Review of Green Spice

Green Spice
Ranked #36 of 113 Restaurants in Dartford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian food Sunday buffet ,live music nights
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was a sell out Thursday evening in January. Arrived fairly early and got a parking space at side of Restaurant. This was a set menu evening. Drinks and starters arrived promptly but delay in getting main course but worth the wait. The food was plentiful and very tasty. When 1 member of our party requested something different this was bought to the table swiftly.
During the course of the evening further drink orders were slow arriving but the entertainment was fantastic and at £22.50 per head for starters and main course was excellent value.
Customers were dancing in the isles and the entertainment went on until 11pm.
We all had a great evening and would certainly return especially for another Tribute Nite.

1  Thank Galapagosbird

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Have used Green Spice for many years. Always consistent good food quality. Does get very busy some nights as popular. Need to book Fridays Saturdays. Parking slight problem. We travel 25 miles for a curry sometimes.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went on Saturday night . Busy resturant with good ambience . Our table was being set as we were shown to it, as we sat down the waiter just plonked all the cutlery on the table instead of placing it per seating. Food was good and over all good night. Front of house lets this place down.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have been regular customers of Green Spice for years and have always enjoyed the food and thought that the service sometimes poor but quality of food unquestionable. As my husbands favourite food we went there for his birthday recently, on a night where there were clearly many Xmas parties and the restaurant was very busy.

The men in our group ordered their drinks and then unable to choose from 2 bottles of wine I asked if I could taste the wine. I was told this was not allowed? So I ordered a soft drink and decided to speak politely to the manager. Speaking to the manager only made the situation worse as he decided to speak to me as though I was a child. It was made clear to me that I could have a glass of house wine or buy a bottle of any other and if I didn't like it tuff! I thought it was customary to be able to try wine before drinking? Apparently not! I asked if he would be happy for the rest of our group to drink soft drinks all night and he shrugged in a whatever gesture, question answered. I tried not to let it ruin the evening but I certainly won't be returning to Green Spice which is a shame.

It appears that over the years they have built a good customer base and therefore the little things don't matter any more, if I don't return it won't hurt their profits so they could care less about customer satisfaction. Lovely food, very poor customer service and I'd rather spend my hard earned cash elsewhere. I'd recommend to the restaurant that should they not want customers to ask to try the wine perhaps they should stock some well known makes and then I'd happily fork out £15 a bottle!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have never been disappointed with a takeaway or sit down meal at the Green Spice. (apart from once getting a burnt naan).

Takeaways: I'd avoid having them delivered, as wait times are often long, and have on rare occasion exceeded 1 hour. Save 10% and pick it up yourself.

Dining in: Staff are friendly and service is quick. The real gem of the green spice is the food itself, it's very good, and their menu is extremely varied. The Green Spice Special, or chilli chicken massala is good choice (if not a bit spicy).

Portion sizes are very generous.

Would definitely recommend.