“Customer service awful....have become complacent”
Review of Green Spice

Green Spice
Ranked #36 of 113 Restaurants in Dartford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian food Sunday buffet ,live music nights
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have been regular customers of Green Spice for years and have always enjoyed the food and thought that the service sometimes poor but quality of food unquestionable. As my husbands favourite food we went there for his birthday recently, on a night where there were clearly many Xmas parties and the restaurant was very busy.

The men in our group ordered their drinks and then unable to choose from 2 bottles of wine I asked if I could taste the wine. I was told this was not allowed? So I ordered a soft drink and decided to speak politely to the manager. Speaking to the manager only made the situation worse as he decided to speak to me as though I was a child. It was made clear to me that I could have a glass of house wine or buy a bottle of any other and if I didn't like it tuff! I thought it was customary to be able to try wine before drinking? Apparently not! I asked if he would be happy for the rest of our group to drink soft drinks all night and he shrugged in a whatever gesture, question answered. I tried not to let it ruin the evening but I certainly won't be returning to Green Spice which is a shame.

It appears that over the years they have built a good customer base and therefore the little things don't matter any more, if I don't return it won't hurt their profits so they could care less about customer satisfaction. Lovely food, very poor customer service and I'd rather spend my hard earned cash elsewhere. I'd recommend to the restaurant that should they not want customers to ask to try the wine perhaps they should stock some well known makes and then I'd happily fork out £15 a bottle!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have never been disappointed with a takeaway or sit down meal at the Green Spice. (apart from once getting a burnt naan).

Takeaways: I'd avoid having them delivered, as wait times are often long, and have on rare occasion exceeded 1 hour. Save 10% and pick it up yourself.

Dining in: Staff are friendly and service is quick. The real gem of the green spice is the food itself, it's very good, and their menu is extremely varied. The Green Spice Special, or chilli chicken massala is good choice (if not a bit spicy).

Portion sizes are very generous.

Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Adam W
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went to lunch there today with two friends, only the three of us in the resturant the whole time which is a shame as the food was excellent, it seemed to be freshly cooked to order and was not greasy or oily as some dishes in indian resturants can be. The service was friendly and efficient. There is plenty of parking. The only down side of the visit was the lack of heating. It had only just come on, it was a very cold day and it took some time for the resturant to get warm and a visit to the ladies room was like opening the door of a walk in freezer.
However if you want a good indian meal this is the place for you.

1  Thank Gill M
Reviewed November 29, 2012

service from some staff members was poor one member Amin was great very friendly, helpful and attentive. We went for our mums birthday, we were squashed into a corner, service was slow, drinks were slow coming and we had to wait to order them and even at one point had to get up and find a waiter to order our drinks. Food was good though and well presented.

1  Thank nodrog666
Reviewed November 7, 2012

What could have been a lovely night with friends was spoilt by rude and indifferent front of house staff. Can't fault the menu and food which is really good. Unfortunately the waiters were determined to rush us (despite not being full all night).

When the coffee came the waiter was in such a rush to put it in front of the wrong person that it ended up in my lap! Very painful and ruined a good dress. I didn't even receive a proper apology straight away, eventually he was sent over with some ice and a very halfhearted check if I was OK. It felt as though the waiters were doing us a favour by serving us!
You can get just as good food but better service in town.