“horrible christmas dinner”

Ranked #50 of 107 Restaurants in Dartford
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Rising Sun Harvester in Dartford food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Dartford, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Crayford, Greenhithe and Wilmington, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Went there today for lunch, we ordered from the festive menu descibed as succulent roast turkey breast and thigh meat with all the trimmings, crisp roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
How disappointed were we, on arrival at the table the food was lukewarm. it was processed turkey meat with a miniscule ball of stuffing, soggy roast potatoes that were hard and uncooked inside; a teaspoon of brussel sprouts that were so hard and rubbery and a couple of slices of carrot. it tasted so bad, that I called the waitress over and explained that it was inedible. I must admit the waitress apologised, looked at the food and agreed with me. She took it straight back to the servery and got us fresh meals. However I have to say that I have tasted better Birds eye ready meals fresh from the microwave.
If your going to a Harvester over the christmas period avoid the festive fare menu.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been going to this Harvester on and off for ages and have to say it really went down hill. I visited last week and have to say the turnaround is amazing! The food was lovely and the service was great. When I asked how they have acheived this I was informed that a new manager started a few weeks ago. I hope this branch continues in the direction it's going.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family and I have been eating here for years and it has always been consistent - food cooked well, friendly service and good value for money. Unfortunately, our last few visits have been disappointing. Steaks have had to be sent back as the meat was either a poor cut or it had been cooked badly. The kids portions are now tiny and the place just seems to have lost its direction.

To compound matters, on our last three or four visits there have been large, noisy families who have no regard for other diners and the management seem reluctant to intervene (fear of repercussions?)

A shame, as this was always a dependable, solid example of how a Harvester should operate.

Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Used to like this place when it was a proper restaurant. Now it's just awful. Dirty. Noisy. Average food. I always have something to send back. Last week we ordered some draught wine against my better judgement. It was warm enough to bathe in. It was brought back in an ice bucket with an explanation that the chiller was broken. Why serve it in the first place then!!!!!!! As previous reviewer has stated the loos are a disgrace. Staff try hard but it's a losing battle. Low expectation for Harvesters generally but there are some that manage to be passable. And it's not a cheap option anymore. I won't be back if I can avoid it.

Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff try their best...it's a typical harvester... everyone knows what the food is like. Unfortunately, for this particular place some pretty large local 'families' tend to take the place over at peak times.