“Very nice place”

Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Upon arrival with my girlfriend, our first impression was very nice indeed. The porter was very helpful and shown us to a luxurious room, Rhodedoron. We were impressed with the size, comfort and cleanliness of the room, considering using Groupon with a good discount an excellent value for money. The only criticism was the complimentary coffee, tea, sugar and biscuits were rather minimal but had no problems with requesting for extra from the duty manager who was very helpful. The spa facilities was absolutely wonderful place to be in even though we were surprised to see saunas in separate sex changing rooms, that was the only place we could not share. Apart from that, we thoroughly enjoyed the spa pool and was very clean. The evening meal, what can we say, mouthwatering! The steak were cooked very nicely indeed. The only downside was that the service charge was rather high despite we had £60 food voucher as part of the Groupon offer. Breakfast was very nice as well. Although we would say it is a rather expensive place to go to, but it was worth it with Groupon voucher as we only had to vacate the room at 11am (could have been 12.30pm but someone has requested early check in) and continue to use the spa until 1pm. We would recommend it to others.

11  Thank redsquirrell62
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear redsquirrell62,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of Rowhill Grange on Trip Advisor.

We were thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and to read such positive feedback about the quality of our food offering.

We hope we are able to welcome you back very soon.

James

Write a ReviewReviews (1,734)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Given the reputation of Rowhill Grange, I was disappointed with the afternoon cream tea. It was very overpriced for what it was. The service was average, and staff didn't go out of their way to see if you had enough tea or coffee, considering you pay 12.5% service charge. The sandwiches were lacking in quantity and didn't have much taste. However the scones and jam were fresh and homemade and very tasty. I won't be going back there as I'm sure you can get a similar experience elsewhere but better value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank DodgyJim

Dear Dodgy Jim,

Thank you very much for your review of our Afternoon Tea here at Rowhill Grange.

I'm very disappointed to received such feedback, as our Afternoon Tea is an area we pride ourselves on.

I understand your reluctance to return in the future, but if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The grounds and outside are lovely. A standard double bedroom is average. Wallpaper had some dirty smudges, a bit of damp in corner and needs replacing. No biscuits with tea/coffee but a nice bottle of water in the room. Spa very average. Pool a good size but the walls were in need of refurbishments as the paper was torn quite noticeably. Downstairs spa jacuzzi and steam room again pleasant to look at initially but the water was dirty with clumps of someone's hair! No one was about to tidy up later in the day so the all girl party left their towels and plastic cups sprawled on the floor which wasn't nice to see when you are arriving for a relaxing hour. Food was good in the elements bar and the waiter very attentive. The staff were always pleasant but the actual hotel not worth the money and certainly average and not luxurious. Needs money spent on it.

2  Thank Lizzyg7819

Dear Lizzyg7819,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was very sorry to receive your feedback about the fabric of the hotel. We currently run a rolling programme of maintenance and refurbishment works throughout the hotel and I will ensure the areas you have highlighted are addressed.

I should also like to thank you for comments about the service received from the team and will ensure they are made aware of your review.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently visited this hotel and spa using a Groupon voucher which made this whole trip excellent in terms of value for money. However, I am not sure how willing we would be to pay full price for some of the spa treatments/food/drinks. Considering we used a voucher though, I can't fault the value or the service we received.

The treatment rooms and the facilities were excellent and very relaxing. It is a shame about the separate-sex saunas, but there was a unisex steam room which made up for it. The room (Dahlia) was excellent. It was extremely clean, with the bedding being changed frequently and bottled water being supplied for us in the evening etc. All areas of the hotel and spa were immaculate and very aesthetically pleasing. The Elements bar was lovely, serving very nice food with extremely exceptional service, the kind you would expect from having paid a large sum of money for the experience. We were made personal cocktails by the waiter and his service made our evening very pleasant.

Overall, the entire trip was lovely and we would go back in a heartbeat. Highly recommended!

8  Thank LaCC94

Dear LaCC94,

I was delighted to read your review and to hear how much you enjoyed all the elements of your recent stay with us.

I will be sure to share your feedback and kind comments with the rest of the team.

We hope we are able to welcome you back to Rowhill Grange in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have been to rowhill many times and all the other items lovely service. me and my mother were bought a spa break for Christmas.

now Rowhill prides itself on being a 'boutique' hotel, so you would imagine; quiet, peaceful and relaxing. However this time we were mistaken the spa in my opinion was over booked about 30 people in total. we were all trying to use the facilities at the same time, and so it didn't feel as special as it used to.

group of girls maybe a hen party were there and screaming and taking photos by the Jacuzzi etc and no staff battered an eyelid. I was very thankful we had lunch at a different time to them otherwise im sure they would have spoiled that too.

I think rowhill need to re evaluate their policies again, and maybe think of the experience rather than piling in the guests for more money.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank emsbarker

Dear emsbarker,

Thank you for posting your review of Rowhill Grange.

I was really sorry to learn you did not feel we met our usual high standards during your visit with us and am disappointed the group affected your enjoyment of the Spa.

I am confident this is an isolated incident and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife booked an overnight stay here as a treat for my birthday in march 2014. The deal consisted of the hotel, spa facilities, a treatment, £30 each towards dinner and breakfast, all costing £350. We had a lovely stay but would say the following:-

Pros.
Nice hotel, peaceful location, clean, friendly staff. Nice spa area, food nice (though expensive!), good massages.

Cons.
We stayed in a room called Lilly of the Valley, this was an upgrade but was narrow with no bath which is odd as this place is all about relaxation.
There was also no lock on the door from the inside so we did feel a bit vulnerable at night.

Bar area is nice however people were regularly walking past in their robes for spa access whilst others were dressed formally which is quite odd.
Drinks are ridiculously expensive and no draught beer which was disappointing. A small bottle was £4 and a rum & coke circa £7.
Spa was packed and there's no unisex sauna so my wife and I had to sit separately whilst using this facility!
Towels were quite tatty, would expect sumptuous fluffy towels for the price.

All in all a lovely stay as a treat, but to be 4/5* there are definitely improvements required.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Neil1982
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Neil1982,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent review of Rowhill Grange.

Please accept my assurances that I will be looking into comments you have made about the quality of the towels. I was also sorry to hear you were not entirely satisfied with your room. Due to the layout and age of parts of the hotel, rooms in these areas are all individually designed. I will certainly take this comment on board and if you were looking at a return visit in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be very happy to personally oversee your reservation.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback and we do hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My daughter and I visited recently. I was blown away when I pulled in and made my way up the driveway. It was just gorgeous. We were helped with our bags and had a very professional check in. The porter gave us a tour and showed us to our gorgeous room where our luxury robes and slippers were waiting for us. We headed down to the spa and had our first of three treatments (glorious mud). I had no idea what to expect as this was my first ever spa visit, but wow!

The standard of service, the hotel, the spa, the reception were all exceptional.

We dined in RGs where we were professionally greeted and shown to our table. The food was amazing.

Breakfast was lovely. A warm sunny morning with a window table and there was literally loads to choose from.

A memorable overnight stay that has left me with a new obsession. I'm already planning and saving to go back. And why go elsewhere when you've had it this good!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank WeLoveHolidaysAbroad

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience of Rowhill Grange.

I was thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and to receive such positive comments about the team here at the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

James

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
5 mi away
4 mi away
Campanile Dartford
Campanile Dartford
#7 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!