“Birthday celebrations week-end”

Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My friends and I visited Rowhill for the week-end to celebrate my 60th birthday. We arrived late morning Saturday and enjoyed our lunch which was served by the friendly staff who looked after us until our rooms were available later in the afternoon. We all thought the food very good but it was the evening meal that really had us all talking as it was delicious and thoroughly enjoyed by all. We each had treatments booked on the Sunday after a lovely cooked breakfast, which again was served nice & hot and the selection on offer I would defy anyone to leave the restaurant hungry. We had informed the hotel prior to our visit that one of the party was a coeliac and she was not made to feel awkward at any stage of the week-end. Thank you Rowhill for making my Birthday such a success and we will not be waiting for the excuse of another birthday celebration before we visit again :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
15  Thank Christine R
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Christine R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent review of Rowhill Grange & Utopia Spa.

We were delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your special Birthday celebrations with us. I was so pleased to read your comments about the food, the service received from the team and quality of your treatments.

We are looking forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I visited the spa last week through an Amazon deal i purchased on line, the brooking process was a bit painful, they kept assuming times for treatments rather than asking me, but after 4 calls i got it sorted.

The room I was given on arrival was tired and dark and away from the main building, i asked to move twice and was told nothing possible, so I asked to speak to the manager who eventually did move me and was very apologetic - full marks to him for customer service and the new room was super and in the main building.

The spa area was tired and dated, but clean.

The treatments were hit and miss, the facial was great and the head massage a waste of time, the girl has no idea what she was doing and it nearly lasted 15 mins.

The food in the restaurant was super tasty although the starter portion was ridiculously small, 2 postage stamp sized cubes of beetroot for a beetroot salad and when I asked for more I got 2 extra tiny bits!!! Also breakfast took 40mins to arrive for 2 boiled eggs.....so on balance probably not worth the wait.

In summary - for the cheap deal price I paid it was ok, but If I had paid full whack for it I'd be extremely let down.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive comments.

Whilst I was pleased to receive your feedback about the quality of your facial and to read your feedback about our food offering in RG’s restaurant, I was naturally disappointed to hear you were unhappy with the room you were initially showed and to read your comments about your head massage and long wait at Breakfast. Our top priority is to provide all our customers with a high level of service and facilities and I am very sorry there were certain areas in which we did not deliver this standard.

Please accept my reassurances that I will be sharing the content of your review with the team here at the hotel and addressing the points you have made.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and if there is anything further we can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I love coming here it always lives up to expectations we've been coming for years and this is definitely one of her favourite spa hotels, the treatments are great, service is always good and we love the food in the main restaurant. If I had to nitpick one thing it's that we've visited the hotel 4 times now and every time we check in we're asked if we've visited row hill before, we're not using aliases it doesn't make you feel very much valued to return to a hotel after only 6 months to be asked If it's your first time there, even the restaurant staff and bar staff are able to recognise us, but that's my only complaint otherwise we love it here and would definitely recommend

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank 2londontravellers

Dear 2londontravellers,
I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your latest stay with us. I have noted your comments about check-in and will be addressing this matter with our Front of House Manager.
If there is anything else I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate contacting me directly.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This spa hotel is very good, good rooms with excellent bathrooms and decor, the beds are very comfortable though the TV's could be updated if you need to criticise something. The spa facilities are excellent with a good sized pool, hot tub and spa pool all very clean. The staff are very good, friendly and efficient.
A great place to unwind and relax, everything is taken care of. As you would expect prices for food and drink are quite high but it is a part of the environment you are in. The spa services are wide ranging and the again the staff are very good. All in all highly recommended when you need to step out of life for a breather.

18  Thank GP1357

Dear GP1357,
Thank you so much for posting your review of Rowhill Grange and Utopia Spa.
I was thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us and to read your kind words about the team here at the hotel.
We very much hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My friends and I spent the weekend at Rowhill and had a brilliant time. Our room well actually suite was amazing. There was ample space for the 3 of us and very nicely decorated with a huge tv. What can I say about the ensuite..fab! Massive seperate shower and lovely bath both with great water supply and 2 big sinks. Lovely toiletries too. Had some nice food in bar and service was good. We spent a lot of time in the spa area where we all relaxed, would say it could be a bit bigger as quite busy and maybe have some loungers instead of chairs. We all had spa treatments and were very nice. Lovely therapists, especially Anna. Breakfast in the morning was very nice to. Good management, rooms and staff, definitely go back. Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2013
17  Thank Hayle

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of Rowhill Grange & Utopia Spa.

We were delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and I was particularly pleased to read your kind comments about the team. I will also ensure Anna is made aware of your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife took me there yesterday for an overnight spa break to commiserate my 40th birthday.

The place is fab and I'd recommend it to anyone looking to forget the world for a day. The massage by Tracy was amazing (Tracy, sorry again about my snoring), the food perfect, the room fantastic and all the staff were brilliant - just the right balance of formal and friendly.

Thankfully, after some (tasty) cocktails last night, the full English and pots and pots of coffee this morning were also top notch and a bit of a lifesaver. As were the superb swimming and jacuzzi pools.

Didn't want to come home. If anyone at Rowhill reads this, please could you tell me what brand of coffee saved my head this morning?

Thanks again, M & B, Wimbledon.

16  Thank Matt G
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your recent review of Rowhill Grange and Utopia Spa.

We were thrilled to hear how much enjoyed your Birthday celebrations and to hear the coffee helped this morning! The brand we use is Douwe Egberts.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband booked us an overnight stay at Rowehill grange for my birthday, and what a lovely stay it was. It's very easy to find, and set in a lovely woody location. As soon as we arrived, the staff couldn't be more helpful. Check in was quick and easy, then we were given a quick tour of the facilities and taken to our LOVELY room - Lily of the valley. The spa was very relaxing and luxurious, and my massage was top class too! Dinner was amazing, as was breakfast too... Great selection to choose from! Would definitely return :-)

• Stayed: November 2013
16  Thank SimoneMaria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!