“Overpriced hotel and Spa” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa

Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Richmond upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
“Overpriced hotel and Spa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just had a night away in the Rowhill hotel and Spa, the setting and grounds are pretty but its entered by a drive that needs its pot holes filling. The hotel is nice and clean, beds very comfortable and the room is spacious. We were informed that our robes and slippers could be found in the bathroom and bedside cabinets....neither where there so we had to ring reception to have them brought up. The beds only had one pillow each and again we had to phone for a second one. The Utopia Spa is well done with a good choices of treatment available. It would be better if they had proper lounger chairs round the pool area. Hot tub and jacuzzi were great and the pool excellent. We were offered a dining experience (their words not ours) in their restaurant but opted for the Bar Menu, again plenty of choice and nice food. All in all a good hotel but their attention to detail isn't great. Our toilet seat slipped everytime you sat on it and when I needed the shower cap the packaging was there but no cap. They describe themselves as a 4 star Boutique hotel, I would describe them as a 3 star average hotel. The usual cost of our room would have been between £200 to £300 a night, fortunately we had a deal as had been paying the full price I would have been complaining bitterly about the experience.

1 Thank Carole B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Impromptu overnight stay and pleasantly suprised. Very welcoming and attentive staff, good food and well appointed rooms!
There isnt a great deal to do in the immediate surrounding area but I wouldn't hesitate to visit again if passing.

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank mustidothis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed in "Camelia" at Rowhill Grange in January 2013 for lunch, dinner, bed & breakfast. We are both quite fussy people ordinarily so it was really lovely to stay somewhere and not be disappointed with anything! I can honestly say that everything from rooms, meals and treatments was absolutely 5 star. I would definitely recommend Rowhill Grange and hope to go back sometime soon.

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank Lockjb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

There are not enough words to describe the fantastic spa break I have just had for my 40th birthday. I booked the 'All together now' package for myself and ten girlfriends and wow what a treat. We were pampered from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. The staff were great and friendly and seemed to be available at the drop of a hat, the food delicious, the rooms great although didn't sleep for long init. My fault too many friends to spend time with and things to do! The spa and treatments out of this world. Always wish treatments were for longer. I could go on and on!! I will say the price of the spa break is I feel good value for money and I know my girlfriends feel the ssme way. Thank you Rowhill for making my 40th birthday one to remember x

4 Thank DLH194L
Wallington, Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a night away booked through secret escapes , had a fantastic time , room very spacious and very comfy bed , spa was really nice and my massage was very good.

Food was out of this world best I have ever tasted I had butter poached lobster which was fantastic , my husband had two ways cooked lamb which was also very nice , fantastic presentation

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank DebbieBudge
Tintwistle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Wanting something different whilst carrying out business in the area I sought a hotel with a difference. The advertisement for this hotel were interesting and reports look ok.

My first three days there were very good with good service and friendly & responsive staff. The room was OK but a little small it was well dressed and had the required amenities. Returning to the hotel early afternoon a late lunch on the terrace, in the sun, was excellent with the clientele from the spar, in their dressing gowns, drinking cocktails - It was a lovely afternoon. The ground are well kept with ample parking although on a wet day a little far from the Main entrance.

My following two days were not as good, as the staff seemed to become lackadaisical and missing, I did wonder if the management were away on a course or a jolly.

I returned for a seconded stay some weeks later and was disappointed with the check in, lost my reservation and they got grumpy, shoehorned into a room that I can only describe as the size of a boot room. No apology or explanation I was just an hindrance

During both stays the evening meal in the restaurant was excellent but the service was disjointed. The bar area is ok if you like to watch football or sports on a large TV - the area reminded me of a Rest Home Waiting area.

Check Out was difficult the second time as my bill was wrong which caused another round of pouting

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

came here for tea for two with my mum as her birthday treat. she loved it. the waiters were polite and the sandwiches and cakes Lovely with pot of tea..lovely surroundings. will definitely go back for a spa weekend..perfect gift for your mum or friend

4 Thank tinkerKent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!