“Perfect one night getaway”

Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Kent
“Perfect one night getaway”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and it definitely still lives up to our expectations. As a recent review mentioned it definitely has got busier and you do have to wait a bit to get a place in the jacuzzi. Also two of the water features weren't working but when we mentioned it on check out they did seem surprised and said they would deal with it. They did also say that to get the bubble wall working you need to press the button very quickly on and off (a sign saying this would have been appreciated) Also there was no minibar in the room but they happily provided a bucket of ice for the wine we had brought with us! The waitress although rushed off her feet so not around a lot was extremely helpful when you could catch her. All in all a lovely break for one night if you can get it for around the £100 a night mark.

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank 3xthefun
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your review of your latest stay with us.

I was glad to read the team on duty were able to assist you with the water features in the Therapy pool, but agree with your assertion that more prominent guidance should have been readily available.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind comments about the staff and will ensure they are made aware of your review.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here for boyfriend's birthday (and got a free upgrade - Thanks for that!). Room was beautiful with four poster bed (we stayed in Primrose). All the staff were friendly and helpful. The spa was lovely and very clean, massage was v-nice. Our meal was AMAZING. Peanut Butter ice cream, definitely coming back for more of that! Can't comment on the breakfast, the bed was too comfy to get out of.

All in all a lovely stay and would recommend over and over!!!

3 Thank Carla L
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us at Rowhill Grange.
We were thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your visit.

I was particularly pleased to read your kind comments about how friendly and helpful the team were and will be sharing the content of your review with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

canterbury
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Have been to Rowhill Grange several times, both as a guest of the Hotel and as a user of the day spa. Unfortunately, possibly due to the financial climate at the moment, there are lots of offers available for spa days here through various websites and this has seen the numbers of visitors rise to an uncomfortable level. Whilst it's great to be able to spend the day and have lunch for around £60 for two, it isn't very relaxing if there isn't anywhere to sit! The pool area is quite small and there are probably 18 chairs around it. These were all occupied so it becomes a case of swim or sit on the edge. The last time I visited I had a french pedicure which was so bad the spa manager removed the polish for me before I left. Each toe had differing widths of white tip which didn't go to the edge of the nails and three toes were smudged. I also found the treatment room (cubicle) very claustrophobic and airless so wouldn't actually book treatments here again anyway.
Lunch was mediocre but I'm not sure whether they use the same chef in the evening. Starters were beyond nouvelle cuisine and would have fitted on a tablespoon and the main courses had very mismatched flavours. My bland chicken breast came with a tasteless gravy and a potato fondant which I left as it was cold and I couldn't get my knife through it. My husband had salmon cassoulet which tasted awful and I can only say we were both grateful they had bread. Even this was the sliced variety whereas before they used to serve warm home baked rolls.
All in all we won't go back and it's a pity as the location is lovely and it has potential to provide a lovely relaxing day if properly managed.

2 Thank nat1962
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa.
I was disappointed to read that your latest visit didn’t match the experience delivered on previous occasions. I am very sorry the pedicure received on a previous visit to the one you have reviewed was not up to our usual high standard, but understand our Spa Manager spoke with you personally about this situation on the day of your visit.

I was also disappointed to read your comments about the quality of your lunch and would seek to reassure you that the team in the kitchen has not changed since your previous visits. Please accept my reassurances that I will be sharing the content of your review with our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager.

If there is anything I can be of further assistance with, or if you would like to speak with me directly, please do not hesitate to contact me.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the 3rd time i have stayed at Rowhill Grange, we stayed in the Mulberry suite, and the room was spacious and very comfortable.
We had dinner in the restaurant ( i believe they have a new chef?) and the Scallops with black pudding was one of the best starters I have had, and the sirloin steak was lovely as was the rasberry soufflé.
Breakfast was fantastic as well!
My only criticism was the bar prices were expensive!

5 Thank Paul H
Canterbury
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had a fantastic time here last year and have made numerous recommendations to friends and associates. Booking experience excellent with Susie in spa reception - thank you. Check in today good in spa area but was it really necessary for the main receptionist to avoid all eye contact with guests arriving it would have been nice to have a hello - are you here for the day spa reception is just through there perhaps? Nice coffee - flapjack was yum on arrival. The 3 course set lunch has now been downgraded to two courses and now you pay extra for dessert, the setting was the bar for lunch which although ok did not meet the ambience or service levels from my last visit when lunch was served in the main restaurant to include fresh bread which was sadly lacking today in addition to salt and pepper. Food was nice but why change something that in my view downgrades the experience? Our lovely waiter had grown a beard from our last time, he was excellent, personable and did his very best - thank you. Lucas in the spa - full body massage what a treat - how good is he - fantastic! Lauren and Tina as always did a first class job in the hair salon - efficient, professional and good ambassadors for the hotel. Others could do with watching and learning how they interact with guests and add that sparkle to their day. Thank you. Tip: don't change something that is not broken it doesn't always pay to cut corners.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Travellerslogs
Bexley, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I visited Rowhill Grange on Sunday for a full spa day and it was heaven. I had two treatments, one being the new beginnings massage and the Mediterranean Marinade Facial as well as a two course lunch and total relaxation in the spa area with full use of all hydro pools and sauna. I was very impressed with the facilities as well as the friendliness of the staff. Would highly recommend this spa for a day of indulgence.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank VictoriaVNK
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I went for a spa day at rowhill grange today on a buy a gift offer 2 people for £99 including 2 course lunch. These were the pro's and cons

Pros
Beautiful spa
Very clean
Pools are warm
Lunch was lovely (goats cheese salad for starter, risotto for main)
Facilities are modern and seem new
Lovely hot drink and flapjack when we went in.

Cons
No slippers/flip flops provided (additional£2 if you want them. Really unusual in a spa of this standard
Towel was rough and worn
Dressing down was a thin waffle material - towelling would have been better. It looked very worn too.
Was very busy in there in the morning. No space in jucuzzi or steam room.
All chairs round pool taken with people's towels so no space to get chairs together.

Overall lovely day. Prob wouldn't visit there again for a spa day but would return to the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank angelag1984
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Brandshatch Place Hotel & Spa
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!