Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,779 results
All reviewsafternoon tealuxury roomfull body massagesteam roomalexander houserg's restauranttherapy poolchanging roomsbirthday treatelements barsister hotelfinger sandwichesmy mumrobes and slippersrelaxing breaktreatment roomsan overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

From the moment we arrived for this family lunch party for 18 the staff were attentive and professional. The lunch was laid out in the pretty conservatory overlooking the beautifully manicured gardens. We had booked the conservatory for a private function which made it extra special for the guests,who were able to chat and relax knowing the staff were looking after all our needs. The staff created a warm and friendly ambience.
The food was presented very attractively and as we had pre-ordered from a lovely menu the waiters were able to serve everyone without any delay. The food was hot and delicious,the wine was served promptly at the right temperature.It was a lunch to remember and we will not hesitate to book another event for our family at this lovely hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Marion M
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for taking the time to post your recent review.

We were delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your lunch party. I was particularly pleased to read your kind comments about the team. Please accept my reassurances that I will be sharing your feedback with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowhill Grange in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I was very sceptical about booking this spa break based on negative comments that I had read on trip advisor. We arrived on a snowy Saturday. The drive leading to the hotel had been cleared so access and parking was easy. We were greeted by a friendly gentleman on our arrival before being shown all the facilities and everything our room had to offer. The spa was busy but very clean and well looked after. The lounge area was also nice with a good selection of food on the menu. We dined at RG grill in the evening as part of our package and the food was superb! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal! The waiters and staff were very attentive and made us feel welcome. The treatments in the spa the following morning were very nice and again the therapists were friendly and welcoming! Finally, on trying to exit the hotel during heavy snow proved difficult in a Mercedes that can't cope in bad weather! Fortunately for us we were assisted by 4 members of staff on the drive who made sure that we got up that slight hill! Fantastic! Would definitely reccommend for a romantic getaway! Such pretty grounds too which looked lovely in the snow.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Sita K
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Sita K,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa.

I was really pleased to see your positive comments about your recent Spa Break and to read your feedback on our Food & Beverage offering and quality of service received from the members of the team you came into contact with.

The weather proved particularly challenging at the weekend and I was delighted to hear the team were on hand to assist you with your vehicle. Please accept my reassurances that I will be sharing the content of your review with all the team at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowhill Grange in the near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

After having our second baby, my husband treated us to a well earned rest. We stayed for one night in January, I think he even got a special offer, which was a huge bonus before we even left the house! Bedraggled and exhausted we arrived. We felt completely at ease as soon as we walked into reception. The lady that checked us in was extremely friendly and genuinely seemed to care that we had a good stay, we even got into our room early. Our Treatments were booked for later that afternoon, which meant we were able to spend some time in the pools and jacuzzi, which were amazing! The treatments were first class and the massage was probably the best I've had. I didn't want to leave!

We had dinner in the restaurant, The waiters were all so attentive and were on the ball throughout our meal. Special mention must go to Andrew, who was very helpful when we were trying to pick the wine to accompany our meal.

Our room (Primrose) was really beautiful and tastefully decorated. We are both light sleepers, but the mattress was comfy and we had a great night sleep - it is so quiet.

The receptionist who checked us in when we arrived at the hotel was also on duty when we came to leave and she asked us how our stay was, she even remembered what our children were called (she asked on check in), while we chatted the Porter took our bags to the car and de-ice the windows!

I'm planning my third baby just so hubby will take me back again! Can't recommend Rowhill Grange enough. I came home re-energised and ready to face the chaos!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Primrose room and was lovely - I would recommend.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Olivia E

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your recent review of Rowhil Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa.

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and was particularly pleased to read your kind comments about the staff and service - They are a real credit to the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were put in a twin room with sofa bed that was really uncomfortable so needed the massage in the morning. Dinner was delicious couldn't fault it. When we went to check out we were asked for the vouchers again which we had left in our room, as our room had already been cleaned they had Been thrown away. we didn't realise the importants of them and was made to feel that we may have to pay again, if they are that important then why not take them when booking in.

• Stayed: January 2013
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.

Whilst I was pleased to read your comments about the quality of our food offering, I was very disappointed to hear the mattress was not to your liking and that you did not feel welcomed by our Reception team.

Having read the content of your review, I will be following up your comments with our Front of House Manager and asking the team to ensure we ask for any vouchers on arrival at the hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and if there is anything further I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Last year my firm booked the dinner dance and we were given favourable rates to encourage us to stay which included free breakfast which is worth £15 pounds pp. We checked when we could use the spa facilities which was from lunchtime on the day of arrival until 3.0pm on the next day. Everything was great!
This year we booked assuming that we had the same conditions as last year. It all started badly with the central reservations dept who insisted that we had to pay for breakfast even though I made it clear that I was with my firm. I also asked to be in a room close to my colleagues as two members of staff were sent to a separate building last year.
When my colleague and I arrived at lunch time we were told that our room would not be ready until 3.00pm and that we couldn’t use the spa facilities either! I was not happy as we were having to pay more and get less for our money.
When my colleagues arrived I discovered that they had not paid for breakfast so I went to complain. The receptionist was not able to sort this out without the involvement of the manager who was not available.
Our rooms were made ready earlier than expected and I then discovered that my room was on the floor above everyone elses so I was not happy! We only had 5 of 12 rooms on that floor. I asked if I could be moved but was told by the receptionist that they had to hold some double rooms! The hotel was virtually empty other than us. If you read other reviews one of the complaints is that the doubles are two twins zipped together. However, the manager assured me that this could not be done!
He promised that dressing gowns and slippers were now put in all our rooms as no-one had been given them. We had none in our room so had to phone for them then one of the pairs of slippers were man sizes! We enjoyed the spa. We did not overrun it as there was one couple and a lady with her 2 daughters. When showering in our room(Crocus) the shower went from hot to absolutely cold in a moment. My colleague thought there was something wrong when I screamed! The hairdryer only worked for 10 secs before it cut out so I had to phone for another one. I got it after some argument.
The dinner dance was good and the food excellent. The drink was very expensive- a small coke (400mls) was £2.
We had breakfast and were leaving at 11.00am check out time. My colleagues were there complaining that they were not allowed the spa. However, the receptionist finally agreed to the 3.00pm finish.
When I wrote to complain about the service I was told that we were only entitled to use the spa from 3.00pm to 11.00am and not the use of gowns! This is a hotel which sells itself as a spa hotel.
This was a very stressful stay due to poor reservation system and the inability of the staff to make sensible decisions and think creatively! They also need to pay more attention to equipment in their rooms. We were made to feel like 2nd class guests because we were not ‘spa’ guests. You have a choice-how would you like to be treated!!

Room Tip: Go s a spa guest!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business