“found no faults”

Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Taking a chance instead of booking a rather expensive premier inn at £90.00. I found this hotel on laterooms at £80.00. Bed Only. Although the hotel is not quite conveinent for London if you want a weekend away it does have plus points. The grounds of the hotel are very nice as it is used for weddings. The room I was in was very comfortable with large soft beds and crisp sheets. I did get to use the spa which again was excellent. When I am working away I would normally use a local pub for meals instead of the hotel, unfortunatly there were none near so I ate in the hotel bar which was good but quite expensive. There are no draught beers and watch out for the sneaky service charge. Otherwise a very pleasent stay.

Room Tip: Choose rooms named after flowers
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mark f

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Two years in the planning Rowhill exceeded our expectations. Vicki Hannant and her team bent over backwards to help us throughout the entire process. Communication was excellent and on the day everything was perfect.

The bride & Groom plus some guests stayed the night and were delighted with every aspect of their stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BofB
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your recent review of your Daughter’s Wedding held here at Rowhill Grange.

I was delighted to hear how much you all enjoyed the day and was particularly pleased to read your kind comments about Vicki and the service received from the team here at the hotel. Please accept my reassurances that I will share the content of your review with rest of the team here at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowhill Grange in the near future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We decided to get away from the hustle and bustle of London for one night on a weekend. A last minute decision on a Friday to go away on a saturday! The package we booked was a luxury room with dinner, bed and breakfast and the rate was quite high. I wonder if we were caught out by the late booking on the higher rate?
After checking in, we were shown to our room. Didn't like it much, so requested to change, which they were happy to move us to 'Poppy'. Nice room, clean, spacious. Comfie bed. Amenities, Templespa, are really nice, sheer aromatherapy.
The spa was very busy on a saturday afternoon. Not sure if it was because there was a wedding that day or if it is normally like that. As soon as there was a space in the whirl pool, which can hold about 4 people, you had to make a dash for it. The robe and slippers are not provided at the spa, you have to take them from the room, or wear them from the room and walk through the bar to get to the spa...slightly uncomfortable if you have to walk through a crowd in your robe and slippers! The spa was smaller than I expected. I had a massage, good but I have had better.
Actually, the dinner concession was only £30pp, which covers a main dish only. So you still end up paying for starters, dessert. Of course drinks are always to pay for on top. The food was amazing though. Good choices of cooked Breakfast. Not much fresh fruit choices in buffet.
In hind sight, I could have spent the money I did in a luxury hotel in London, because it turned out really expensive in the end.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have just arrived back from a wonderful stay at Rowhill Grange. It was planned for a 40th birthday treat and we got all we hoped and more.We had five ladies in our party and managed to get all our different treatments together. Extremely relaxing and set us up for the rest of the weekend. Rooms were clean and impressive. Food and service in restaurant was excellent quality. Spa can get busy at times but somehow got it too ourselves twice. Could have stayed all day.
Staff were polite and friendly, a particular mention to Gurjit and Kelly in the bar. Very attentive and made us feel special. Just what you want when you come away to be pampered.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Annalyt
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your recent review of Rowhill Grange.

I was delighted to read how much you and your party enjoyed your stay with us and was particularly pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your time in the Spa and how happy you all were with your rooms and the quality of our food and beverage offering.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments about the team and will ensure I pass on your feedback to Kelly and Gurjit.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Rowhill Grange in the near future.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

First off my Wife and I were booked into Rowhill Grange for 2 nights. both of us for our wedding night and myself for the night before. When I checked in I explained that we had the Groomsbridge (Honeymoon suite) booked for our wedding night, the following night and would they prefer that I kept my standard room longer (until 13:00, as stand check out is at 11:00) or move to the Groomsbridge early. The advice given was to change early in to my wedding clothes and wait in the bar, and that my bags would be stored until 2pm. At which point they would be moved to the new room. This was later rectified, but a smooth service should have been offered from the start, as it is not unreasonable to expect to either move early or stay longer when you have a 2 nights stay booked in the same hotel especially on your wedding day when you should be trying to relax.

On arrival at the hotel the night of our wedding, you wouldn't have known we had just gotten married. There was no acknowledgement in our room of our special event, and no acknowledgement the following day from anyone at Rowhill Grange. We may as well not have been in the Honeymoon suite. When you’re paying over £700 for 2 nights stay a simple congratulations isn't a great deal to accept.

Then we come to check out, where we were charged twice for breakfast, and then when we questioned the change, we were met with an argumentative reply. Even after the mistake on the hotels part was acknowledged no apology was given.

I would not recommend this hotel for your special night. The honeymoon suite was nice and the standard room average, the Spa is again average and extremely oversubscribed, making it uncomfortable for a romantic couple looking to spend their first days together. The level of service received is totally inadequate give the cost of standard 1 night stay, let alone the cost to hire out Groomsbridge for a single night which is £380 per night.

Unfortunately very disappointing

Room Tip: Book else where
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark D
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of your stay at Rowhill Grange.

Whilst I have already replied to your Wife directly, I would like to once again offer our apologies for the issues encountered during your stay with us and especially for the difficulty you encountered when relocating to our Groombridge Suite and for the lack of an acknowledgement on your special day.

I have shared your comments with the appropriate members of the Management team, who would also wish to be associated with my apology.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to relay your feedback and please accept my very best wishes for the future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed 1 night at Rowhill Grange. Our room was lovely, the bed was very comfortable. We had a massage in the spa which was absolute heaven. We also used the pools which were very relaxing. The food was excellent. We enjoyed dinner in RGs, we both had steak which was cooked to perfection. The only down side is that this restaurant is pretty expensive although, to be fair the wine was reasonably priced, only £22 for a good sauvignon blanc. Our breakfast was also very good. I can thoroughly recommend the 3 egg omelette. All the staff across all areas were very helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely go there again. Its also only minutes from Bluewater shopping mall which is a big plus for those of us that enjoy a bit of retail therapy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christine D
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and was particularly pleased to read your kind comments about the members of the team you came into contact during your stay with us. Please accept my reassurances that I will be sharing the content of your review with the rest of the team at the hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Excellent service, especially in the spa. Rowhill has that personal touch that it's sister hotel/spa seems to lack, despite being 5 star. The only comment is that the £50 supplement for single use could be put to better use for another treatment - makes a solo trip very expensive.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Colette M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bexleyheath

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!