All reviews double tree warm cookies deluxe room dartford bridge lovely hotel christmas party bit dated great facilities reception staff blue water business trip afternoon tea bluewater shopping night stay my friend brands hatch mariana
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2019

We used this hotel for an overnight stay ready for an early morning departure from Ebbsfleet.

Check-in was smooth and reception staff very friendly and chatty. The hotel looks impressive from the outside and on entering, the foyer is large but welcoming.

As others have mentioned, the rooms are a bit dated, ours certainly was, but for a one night stay, was comfortable and clean.

We ate in the hotel restaurant and the service was good, prompt and the food was fine.

All the staff we encountered were sociable and we felt we received very good service throughout our brief stay.

The only thing which would put us off returning again, is the hotels location. It is very close to the Dartford Bridge and on the day of our visit, there was an “incident” in the Dartford tunnel which caused unbelievable traffic gridlock in the area. On the last leg to the hotel, it took 75 minutes to travel the final two miles !!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Voyager29183893170, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Dear Jimmylox,

Thank you very much for giving us top marks for your recent stay. I am glad to know that you found your stay excellent and the team were friendly. I am sorry to read about the grid lock due to the incident in the Dartford tunnel on your day of arrival. We do sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

I'm so disappointed by the food here. This is my second visit and I will be looking for another option for future trips.
The standard in Dartford is low so this looked like a good option. Hotel with good reputation with on-site restaurant.

The room is fine, the shower is grim though with stains in the bath and a fixed head on the shower. Hotels never design showers for women. What do you think we do, stand on our heads!!

The food is appalling. Last time the tuna was cooked until it was hard and this time the pork schnitzel was barely edible. I only ate it because I have a long day tomorrow and need to sleep, so no time to head elsewhere. the warm potato salad is mayonnaise on hot potato put under a hot thing. the may came out greasy and shriveled. the pork was like a dog.chew and the cabbage is just coleslaw with a cheap factory made salad dressing on it.

incredibly disappointing.

soda water - £2.50!! it's just water!!

even the staff look embarrassed at ha ing to bring the food out.

the woman next to me sent hers back because it was cold.. they stuck it in microwave and a minute later it arrived back. grim.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Voyager29183893170, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Dear averagej0anne, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are very sorry we fell short in meeting and exceeding your expectations of an exceptional stay. We are reviewing your comments with our team as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and allowing us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed May 29, 2019

I visit this hotel during a business trip. Every time I travel to UK for business trip I stay at This hotel. Very friendly staff and comfortable beds. Good variety in breakfast buffet. Would definitely return and recommend. Wonderful stay.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Voyager29183893170, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Thank you very much for giving us top marks for your recent stay. we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

My daughter came back this morning after a 2 night stay to go to a nearby festival. Paid £131 each on arrival, asked for£100 deposit they didn't know about, paid this then had breakfast the next morning £10 which was nice. Friend checked her bank and said hotel had taken out an extra £43,my daughter checked hers and same had come out, when they queried this they were told it was because they were at a festival yet they already took £100, receptionist put it back in as they hadn't even been told it was coming out, but would have to wait few days for it to go back in. Rooms were nice and clean but they all said they kept slipping down bed and couldn't sleep properly. This morning cleaner helped herself to enter room at 5am and left water. Bill came through door and they all had been charged an extra £60 each even though all they had was one £10 breakfast, even reception couldn't work out why, they eventually think they have it sorted but will see what comes out of bank later. Disappointed that staff didn't have good spoken English and charges without knowledge being taken from cards. Some other guests staying for festival were a bit unruly and hotel probably dreaded this but charges should be clear and not unauthorised or wrongly charged.one of her friends went overdrawn due to this.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank eve j
Voyager29183893170, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Dear Eve,

Thank you for taking your time to complete your review regarding your daughter's recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry to read about the additional charges, I am glad to read that it is all resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct@ karthick.srinivasan@doubletreedartfordbridge.com, if the charges not released by the bank. I can assure you that our housekeeping team does not start before 8.00 am on weekend.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed May 26, 2019

Really can't say very much about the place as after encountering the rudest reception staff in the world, I left. Beggars belief how anyone thinks they can be rude and people will pay for the pleasure.

Date of stay: January 2019

Dear Caroline, Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am very sorry to read your comments about the reception team. We take pride in providing in outstanding service and I can assure you this is not our usual standards. If you could please direct message me @karthick.sriinivasa@doubletreedartfordbridge.com, I shall investigate further.

Yours Sincerely