“Excellent service.”

Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We chose this hotel primarily for its location, close to Brands Hatch & to our route to & from the area.

Everything was pretty much as we expected - no complaints there - but what raised it above the ordinary was the staff. The service we received was superb - all our requests were met efficiently & always with a smile. I got the impression that this is a place where people enjoy working.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent at the Holiday Inn Express London Dartford.
I am always pleased to receive such positive feedback from our guests.

I am a firm believer that people return to the hotel time after time because of the service they receive from the team as we work really hard at ensuring all customer requests are met and dealt with in a timely manner.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked and paid in full 8 days before our overnight stay.

Upon arrival at reception we were advised that the hotel was full, regardless of our e-mail confirmation, no bed was available!!!

We were then offered a bed in non-star rated hotel nearby.

Disgraceful behaviour towards clientele.
We will never ever use Holiday Inn Express again.

We are still awaiting an apology/explanation four days later although we were assured that the General Manager Anthony Greenidge would e-mail us the next day.

Be warned they operate a first come basis regardless of you booking and paying in advance. So if like us, (2 people not a family) you stand a chance of being re-directed to a non-star rated hotel when they over book.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank N T
Anthony G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear N T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent experience with us.
We have since spoken about the unfortunate situation however if you would like to discuss this further then please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to assist you.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for an overnight visit at a weekend with my family. We were down in the London area for a family & friends get together so I decided to use my Priority points to get a free night.

On arriving at the hotel I thought first impressions were good, there was plenty of parking and the outside had a clean and modern feel to it. The reception area follows the standard format for this chain of hotel but I didn't have to wait long to be served and the check-in process was fairly smooth. I had a quick walk around the dining/breakfast area and it looked clean, bright and the sort of place you'd want to have a meal in.

We unloaded our bags into the room with the intention of quickly going out to Bluewater for dinner and a but of shopping.

The room was a family one for 4 persons and I was pleased to find a clean room, decent sized bathroom and the sofa bed already made up. Neither my wife or I had any complaints about the room and the kids liked the room too !

There was a coach party staying overnight too that particular weekend which probably contributed towards the breakfast area looking like a bombsite when we went down the following morning at 7.30am. I was quite surprised to see the sheer amount of dirty tables that needed cleaning up but I could see a departing coach party so I'm guessing the staff were struggling to cope with a sudden influx. Nevertheless I enjoyed my breakfast as did the kids. I reasonable variety of food on offer.

Overall I would stay at this hotel again as it is close to Bluewater and other areas that we visit.

Room Tip: Always join the priority club and this may help you get room upgrades
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Anthony G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

The hotel is modern, bright and offers complementary breakfast to all guest's that stay with us and we free Wi-Fi throughout the whole hotel.

We are ideally located for Bluewater and Lakeside Shopping Centre's and only 10 minutes drive away from Ebbsfleet International Station.

We like to ensure all family rooms are ready and prepared for your arrival and the Housekeeping team ensure the highest level of clenliness at all times.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

During my stay at Dartford Holiday Inn Express I was greeted by some of the most professional staff. I was seen to immediately and was given all the information I needed. I was even asked what floor I preferred the type of room and even told hold I could order food to my room! My room was very quiet, comfortable and was well presented. Upon attending the bar at the reception I was able to enjoy nice beer whilst watching the TV on the screens provided and staff couldn’t help but check if everything was good, it was. I strongly recommend Dartford Holiday Inn and also get to meet some of the wonderful staff! *****

Room Tip: Just chart to the staff as they are extremely helpful and try to give you what you need!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PuddingPants

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. It is really pleasing to get such positive feedback from our customers.

I do believe that many of our customer return to the hotel because of the friendly team that we have here at the Holiday Inn Express London Dartford.

We offer modern, clean affordable rooms with Free Wi-Fi to all customers throughout the whole hotel which is great value for money.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had a good customer experience when I stayed here - staff are very well presented, friendly and helpful at all times. Rooms were clean and well presented and the shower was high pressure and enjoyable (makes all the difference early in the morning!).

Definitely will stay here again when I'm in the area - keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Our room was good - 4th floor, near the lift.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear valued customer,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. It really pleases me to read such positive comments from our customers.

The team and I work really hard at ensuring all of our customers get the best service at all times.
The team are really passionate about the level of service thay they provide and I will share your comments with them.

Once again thank you for leaving a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express London Dartford and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel last weekend for DTM at Brands Hatch and we had a great stay again.
The staff were excellent as always, really welcoming and efficient.
They were really busy but coped really well.
Breakfast very busy and they looked slightly stretched but they managed well.
All in all a great stay again and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Anthony G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. Firstly it it is great to see that you use us everytime that you visit the area and we really do appreciate your loyal custom.
We are an ideal hotel for visiting Brands Hatch, Bluewater and Lakeside Shopping Centre's.
We offer clean,modern rooms and in my view excellent service at all times.
The team and I work hard to ensure that all customer leave the hotels wanting to stay with us again.

Once again many thanks for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express London Dartford and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The check in experience was one of the worst at any Holiday Inn Express I have ever had - and I have been to well over 50 in the UK and Europe!

I waited over 3 minutes at the unattended reception desk. Eventually I saw a lady who was cleaning and asked for assistance. She knocked on a door and a lady (Billy Jo?) opened, looking as if I was interrupting a scene played out in 'Hotel Babylon'. I asked to check in, and gave her my Platinum membership card with my name printed. She punched a few buttons on the computer, and said there is no reservation for me. I went to the car to get the reference number .

On my return, a much friendlier lady was at reception, I gave her the reference, and pronto I indeed had a reservation. When I asked under what name, she showed it was the same as on the membership card...

She was very professional with the rest of the check-process. I did advised here that I have stayed there before, as such are aware of the amenities etc are.

I was disappointed in the majority of the check in process - no one at reception, and the attitude of first colleague. The location of the room is brilliant though and free internet for Platinum Priority members (?) are great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Anthony G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express London Dartford.
I am sorry that you experienced some issues whilst checking into the hotel. I have taken onboard your comments and corrective training implemented immediately.
We have done a lot of work on our welcome and It perturbs me that we failed on this occassion.

I please invite you to discuss these issues with me either by email on : gm@expressdartford.co.uk or by phone on 01322 290 333.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us and I do hope that you choose to stay with is when you are in the area again soon.

Anthony Greenidge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartford
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
2 mi away
Ibis London Thurrock
Ibis London Thurrock
#1 of 2 in Grays Thurrock

Been to Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford? Share your experiences!