“Lovely food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: No longer trading
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant, the food was excellent and service was very good. The people who own it have recently taken over and are trying to make a go of it. If you like Chinese restaurant food then go here is a must

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I went with my wife on a sunday night for the buffet. The food was very good but the service was not great, during the duck course my wife had a pancake in her hand and the waiter cleared the table and took her plate. Also during the starters my wife used her knife and fork and left them on her plate when finished the waiter took then off and placed the dirty cutlery next to her for the next course instead of getting her clean ones. The beer is quite expensive we had 4 beers and the bill was 54 pound so not awful

jin c, Owner at Laughing Buddha Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hello and sorry for the poor service you had in the restaurant.
I know there is no excuse but the waiter that served your table that night is our newest staff. We recently had a name change of thr restaurant and i have been busy sorting other things out.
I promise your next visit would not disappoint you.

Many apologies

Jin

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Went here last night with my family and i got to say this restaurant is the best Chinese i have ever been. Service was good and the food was great. The Szechuan Prawns we had was really good, spicy with lots of flavor. Then the desserts were also fantastic, Home made melon ice-cream and kiwi ice-cream was very nice and refreshing with the guava flavor ice and white chocolate and jelly ball. Thanks to all staff for our wonderful evening and will be back again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We went there with our famliy. Great hospitality,good atmosphere and lovely food. Will definately dine here again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Quite evening visit with only 2 other tables occupied.

The food here is great and is the only all you can eat in Maidstone that is cooked to order they also do al cart menu which is wonderful.

The manager told us that he is struggling which is a crying shame as its the only proper Chinese in town the others all being buffet style.
It's such a large restaurant to fill so I can imagine the rates are very high, I can't help thinking that if the restaurant was in the main part of town e.g Earle Street the place would be packed.

1  Thank humpty258