“Bit pricey for pizza, and waitress a bit dappy! Overall OK though.”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #85 of 330 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Had free pizza and dough ball vouchers courtesy of BP!
Dont do Shandy, do do Sprite and larger, a little bit of creativity and a glass....
Hey presto, a shandy!!
Dough balls were lovely.
The meatball pizza was nice, had a kick to it, could have done without the copious amount of Rocket lettuce!
Couldnt see the pizza!
Waitress very polite, but clumsy and dappy!
Overall OK, wouldnt pay £45 if didnt have vouchers though for 2 pizzas 2 dough balls, 2 bottles of coke, a peroni and a sprite!

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My aunt and I called in and ordered a garlic bread and a regular thin crust pizza. First pizza we ordered they'd run out :-(. Starter came and was very nice. It was fairly busy with three members of staff sat down having their lunch ( when customers should have been served ). Our pizza came and was freezing cold. I complained straight away. Salad bar was very messy and lettuce was brown! Ewww yuk I thawt. Manager came over and apologised and deducted pizza off our bill. Overall experience I would never go back very disappointing :-(

Reviewed May 21, 2013

we have been here a number of times because the staff are so nice and cannot do enough for you, my only complaint is the choice i can never make my mind up.would like to return for the music evening soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The service was slow, and I had the same experience as another reviewer, in that I had a lighter pizza, which was burnt in the centre. It was also quite greasy.
The dessert of chocolate fudge cake, which I have had in other branches of Pizza Express, is usually a lovely slice of cake. This time I was given a chocolate cup cake with a strawberry just plonked on the top, although it did taste nice enough. The best part of the meal was the coffee which is always hot and delicious, and always served with HOT milk. The service was ok, pleasant staff, but not overly solicitous. I usually go to the Pizza Express in Rochester, which is much friendlier.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

It's been some time since we've visited Pizza Express so I thought I would take my wife and daughter + grandson out for the evening. When we arrived we were immediately shown to our table but that was all the attention we got.
We sat there for a least 20 minutes waiting to give our order. When we finally gave the order we asked for my 3 year old grandson's meal to come first. However it did not arrive for a further 40 minutes and by that time he'd fallen asleep. Our meal arrived 15 minutes later. When it arrived my daughter's Pizza had a hole in it which I'm told is a lighter pizza. The hole in the middle was filled with some lettuce and not a great deal more except it was burnt around the edges! In fact my daughter thought they had burnt the middle so had just tried to disguise it by cutting it out.
Finally having had enough I asked to speak to the manager. When she finally arrived (10 minutes)I I explained my dissatisfaction. She then asked me what I wanted her to do about it - my reply was, what do you suggest? She then offered to refund all our main courses,
My advice is, if you know what a good pizza is and you want service - go else where!

1  Thank GoodValuePlaces