“Great place,highly recommend,”
Review of Grange Moor Hotel

Grange Moor Hotel
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very reasonably priced,we paid just £60 for a double room including breakfast,Stayed just one night while attending a party nearby,great little hotel,clean rooms,tea/coffee and biscuits in room.Quiet,bar,very good selection of choices for breakfast.Great location for visiting Maidstone. (*tip also try the 'first and the last 'pub five mins walk in quiet road nearby, a little gem ) Staff very accommodating,plenty of free parking.Would recommend and use again.Thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ange55

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed at the Grange Moor Hotel this weekend and couldn't fault it. Great parking, pleasant, well- furnished rooms, clean comfy beds, very pleasant staff and very impressed with the chef. I explained I had coeliac disease and couldn't eat gluten so he kindly substituted extras in place of the items I couldn't have. Even though he must have been busy, I wasn't made to feel a nuisance. My friend and I agreed we would both stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yvonne F
Reviewed March 26, 2014

A evening out in Maidstone required an overnight stay. Having trawled the internet for a half decent hotel and a decent price the Grange Moor stood out from the others. The price for room + B&B was better than the prices for a stay without Breakfast at the close by Travelodge and Premier.

Small reception area with pleasant helpful staff was a good start. Room we had was on the first floor. Corridors leading to rooms may not be the most up to date but they are clean. Room doors could do with modernising and are not aesthetically pleasing. The Room itself was a little on the small side but it was well equipped with TV, tea and coffee making facilities and adequate storage space. The bathroom was, again, a touch small but was modern, clean and suitable equipped. Room was warm and radiators had individual thermostats so it was it was nice to have the room as warm or as cold as you liked.

We decided to have an evening meal in the hotel before venturing out in to Maidstone centre. The menu was varied and well priced, as was the drinks list. All food is freshly prepared and cooked and I have to say was of a better standard than I had expected. Portion size was more than adequate and the service extremely good. The bar itself could do with a bit of an overhaul but I am possibly picking a bit really.

Breakfast was decent. There is a 'help yourself' section for cereals, tea, coffee, fruit juice, yogurt, fruits etc and a full cooked breakfast upon request. Breakfast is served from 8 - 9.30 but feel this should probably be extended to 10am especially as weekends. We ventured down just before 9am is was reasonably quiet but when we left at 9.25 the room was packed and things got a bit hectic.

All in all a pleasant stay, service very indeed, some modernising wouldn't go a miss. Adequate parking for everyone, a bonus at any hotel. Good location which is about 10 minutes walk from Maidstone central.

Room Tip: Get a room as far from the function room as possible because it can get a touch noisy when the hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Markdubya
Grange M, Manager at Grange Moor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Markdubya,

Thank you for your comments left on Trip Advisor following from your recent stay with us. I am delighted you found that we were "good clean value" and appreciated that our price of Bed and Breakfast was more attractive and better value then our counterparts offering prices for just the room only.

We are pleased you liked our menu and the food you enjoyed during your stay, I am glad we surpassed your expectations. We have a great team of chefs and we are very proud that our food is fresh and made to order. Again thank you for your positive comments on our excellent service offered, I will pass your comments onto the team who always take pride in hearing such great feedback.

We are currently working on a renovation programme and we are in the process of upgrading bedrooms and bathrooms. I am really pleased to tell you that we have given our bar an updated look which I hope you will approve of when we can welcome you back to the hotel again.

“The Grange Moor Hotel is an Independent and flexible hotel; our mission is to offer our guests good value for money without compromising on excellent service in a home away from home friendly and welcoming environment”

Thanks again for your comments, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

To Be honest we booked this hotel due to sleeping three in a room as we did not want any of our daughters sleeping on their own due to their grandfathers funeral the next day.
What a surprise we had, lovely hotel, staff attentive and polite, rooms spacious and clean. Bathroom facilities excellent (Much better than some well known hotels) included was breakfast which had a good selection.

Would we stay again? Definately yes.. Thank you ..

Room Tip: We didn't choose a room but the rooms we had were clean and bright on the ground floor overlooki...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank fellauk

Dear fellauk,

We were delighted to receive your review following from your recent stay with us at the Grange Moor Hotel. Thank you for your very positive comments it was great for myself and my employees to learn that you were so pleasantly surprised and that you found your room spacious and clean, staff attentive and polite, and enjoyed a good selection offered at breakfast. We all have an aim to make sure the customers experience is a positive one.

So thank you for the glowing review and the 5 stars, I am pleased you will be coming back, please make yourself known to me when you do come as I would like to personally welcome you back myself.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed the night here. Room was a lovely size very clean and well presented. Had a meal and the hotel and couldn't fault it, great quality and very tasty. Staff are lovely too, rolling back at 1pm and happy to make my hubby and sandwhich complete with a smile! Can't wait to go back . Thank you

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Kezza094

Dear Kezza094,

Thank you kindly for your positive comments, it is so motivating to everyone on the team to get such great feedback regarding your recent stay, and I am so pleased that you have mentioned you will be back again.

I would like to be able to personally welcome you and your husband back to enjoy another comfortable stay, so please make yourself known to me when we see you again.

Many thanks,

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Yet another wonderful evening at the Grange moor, the food is always beautifully presented, plentiful and delicious. A special mention should go the waiting staff who are always friendly and attentive with nothing being too much trouble for them. The resident DJ is very good, playing a variety of music which always gets people onto the dance floor and keeps them there which I think can be quite a difficult job over the course of an evening. As a group of friends we attend the Grange Moor for quite a few of the themed evenings over the year and would recommend them to anybody who wanted a good night out.

1  Thank Carol9159

Dear Carol915,

We are so grateful for your positive feedback, as a very valued customer to us who returns again and again, we are glad that our facilities and services continue to meet your expectations.

Thank you for the special mention to the front of house team who always work hard to deliver an exceptional and friendly service to all our guests. I know they will really appreciate your comments.

We had some great responses regarding our Valentines dinner disco and the our in-house DJ who has great talent teamed with knowing exactly what the crowd wants, has always been a recipe for successful night.

I will of course see you again soon, please ask for me in person when you are next here as I would like to welcome you back in person and wish you another great event.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Grange Moor Hotel We found all the staff to be extremely pleasant and welcoming. The room was of a good size, but perhaps a little old fashioned. En -suite also of a good size with a good power shower. The room was very clean. We couldn't fault it. There was plenty of tea and coffee for making your own drinks in the room. Breakfast was the normal choices of cereals, yoghurts, etc. before the obligatory full English, and on the second morning fresh pineapple and melon was on offer, which was lovely. Maidstone town centre is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. We will definitely use this Hotel again when we come to visit our families.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Philip S
Grange M, Manager at Grange Moor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear psmall2009

I was delighted to read your comments following from your recent stay at the Grange Moor Hotel and have extended them on to our team, who found them very motivating.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back when you next come to visit your family in Maidstone.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave your kind comments.