“OK, but try not to get the annexe”
Review of Grange Moor Hotel

Grange Moor Hotel
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Fine for short stay. I stayed two nights and found it clean and efficient. Staff are generally very friendly and helpful (especially in the dining room), but I didn't expect to be confronted with some of the previous occupants' clothing still in a drawer in my room. The hotel has a main site and an annexe, which is a short walk away, but enough to feel disconnected from the main hotel. It's a little dated, but that's part of its charm, I suppose. Unless you have a ground floor room, there's no disabled access to the accommodation.

Room Tip: Ask not to be put in the annexe as it's not on site.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've lost count of the number of times we've stayed at the Grange Moor hotel, and this visit lived up to previous standards. We had the usual friendly greeting from Debbie (but didn't see Jackie this time) and enjoyed a good meal in the restaurant, ably looked after by Sue (although the restaurant was busier than expected and so the wait between courses was rather long). However, special mention goes to Debbie and Nicola for organising and hand-delivering extra towels to our rooms after we came back from the River Festival looking like drowned rats, having been caught in a downpour! This hotel and the staff really do know how to look after their guests.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Judith W
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just stayed the one night in July, This hotel on the outskirts of Maidstone its fine with decent sized rooms, old world beams in the bar and dinning room, very friendly and helpful staff, lovely garden, and the foods ok as well. worth a visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank crockedSomerset
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We attended a wedding reception here and were really impressed. The bar was reasonably priced, the buffet was lovely and the room was beautifully decorated. The staff were really friendly and helpful, we had a lovely evening in a beautiful place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank IWannaseetheworld98
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a two night stay at this hotel, just outside the town of Maidstone ,easy walking distance down hill to town, a bus would take you in An hotel with annex across the road, rooms quite large over three floors we were top floor no lift only stairs. The food in the main building very good breakfast and a meal if wanted in the evening three course. Good parking at hotel and annex, would recommend and go back again.

Room Tip: top floor quieter 3 per floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Keith D
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A very nice place with friendly staff, good food and cold beer. The menu has a pretty good selection and breakfast is very good too, with the option of Continental or Full English, and a small buffet. The room was clean and everything was in good working order. Be advised though, there is virtually no soundproofing between the rooms, but everyone was very considerate, and kept the noise level down, at least while we stayed there.
Parking can be a problem if the Hotel is full, despite the hotel having a fairly large parkinglot in the back.
All in all, a very nice and cozy place, I can only recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NyggenDk
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed here many times as I have family in Maidstone and we have been for many meals. The staff are very welcoming and the food excellent. Party catering is brilliant too as we had our wedding blessing meal there for a group of 11 of us. I recently stayed 3 nights when visiting and had a bargain room for £45 a night b&b. It was a discounted room as it was over the kitchen but it didn't bother me. One tip if breakfasting Sat morning - breakfast starts at 8 and when I was there EVERYONE turned up at 8 so I waited 40 mins for my food which would have been ok if I hadn't got a taxi coming to take me to the station half an hour later. Staff were helpful though. I was even lent a phone charger having forgotten mine!

Room Tip: Some rooms are smoking rooms, If this is an issue, ask to not be near a smoking room as the smoke sm...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo