“Truly scrumptious food!!!!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Nine family members celebrated an 80th birthday at the Yew tree. Truly scrumptious food with amazing hospitality. Please book before just turninig up. Highly recommended for a great meal out. Will certainly be returning again. A big thank you to all staff.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Just dined at the Yew for the third time. Perfect again! The chef even altered one of the dishes significantly to suit my girlfriend's taste.
I can't recommend it enough. I've always gone mid week as it's quieter so no need to book.
Also.....They just got Broadside on tap. Great! Keep up the good work.

2  Thank rustypup2013
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went to the Yew Tree for early dinner last night and really enjoyed it. Food, wine list and service were all excellent. We were very tempted to go again today for Sunday lunch. The Blue Bell Hill area really needed a good pub with good food.

1  Thank Jodyphillips
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Retracing childhood footsteps our party of five rediscovered The Yew Tree where in the 50's I sat outside with crisps and Vimto. What a find! As soon as we entered the years rolled back we were made to feel at home as in days of yore. It was obvious that we were more than welcome. A traditional English pub serving West End quality food. It's not often I recommend a pub/resteraunt and honestly say that I just couldn't find any negative aspects. Excellent food sensibly priced in comfortable surroundings. Not the fastest meal but as was explained when we arrived, everything cooked from fresh and didn't it show. Tracy and Tom have only recently taken the pub but if the food, service and beer stay the same this venture will surely take of. Thanks to all who made our meal memorable, see you again fairly soon. Bernie B

1  Thank BJT B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have just noticed a couple of negative comments about this place and just cant believe it.

The most recent one for a post wedding celebration is just ridiculous, you were advised by the owners to prebook but chose not to........what do you expect ????

This is a small but excellent establishment with limited staff, if 20 people turn up in one go, what do you expect....its really not rocket science. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

As for the previous complaint headed birthday treat, I just despair, you are complaining because they opened a couple of minuets late and the coffee machine was broken. I dont think this is what trip advisor created this site for, small minded, ignorant and petty individuals with nothing better to do but moan.

I would suggest that both of these groups would have been happier at the harvester, or the Beefeater or maybe Macdonalds its much more up your street.....cheap and not very cheerful

I am relieved to read that you will not be returning to the Inn as I doubt you are the kind of people that the owners are looking to cater for and we certainly would not wish to be at the restaurant at the same time as either of you just encase the pepper pot was the wrong colour....

Our many experiences of The Yew tree inn on the other hand are, its absolutely a breath of fresh air, the owners are attentive but not in your face, the chef can actually cook and if we may say, extremely well, the food is mostly all home cooked and the interior of the place is lovely.

Having eaten at many of the eating establishments in and around Maidstone, I would go so far as to say, The Yew Tree Inn is probably one of the best places to eat at the moment and certainly provides some of the best value for money....Moaners please keep away but if you are genuinely looking for excellent food and a great evening out, we would certainly recommend it.

3  Thank chrisjazzy