Innkeeper's Lodge Maidstone
Detling Coachhouse(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
$105
Grange Moor Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
$102
Priceline
$64
Travelodge
$69
Premier Inn Maidstone Town Centre Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
$72
PremierInn.com
All reviewswhite rabbitinnkeepers lodgetown centrecontinental breakfastfamily roomfirst morningcomfy bedplenty of hot waterdecent sizewould stay againsunday lunchfamily weddingshort staybedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you are looking for a decent room for a short stay in Maidstone this lodge offers a good option.
The pub is a Vintage Inn part of the Mitchell and Butler empire. Food is decent, well prepared pub classics. They do have real ale, but last time I visited the selection was poor - go to the Flower Pot just along the road for excellent CAMRA award winning beer.
Accommodation is above the pub, so there is a risk of noise, the White Rabbit isn't a rowdy pub, and doesn't play loud music, but the general hubbub and outdoor drinking in the summer is not to everyone's taste. Having said that although I have stayed there twice and not had my sleep disturbed.
A continental breakfast buffet is included in the quite reasonable price, cooked available if you want at additional cost. I have found the continental is plenty.
Bedrooms vary in size, but the ones I have stayed in had plenty of room, the family room with extra bed is enormous. My only quibble is that with so much room, why not have king size beds?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

We are so pleased to hear that you found The White Rabbit, Innkeeper's Lodge Maidstone a good place to stay, and we really appreciate you leaving positive feedback on Trip Advisor. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I came here for a two night stay for our 10th wedding anniversary, and we had a lovely time. The staff were very helpful, offering to carry our cases to our room. The room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of storage. We ate in the restaurant bit of a wait but they was very busy. They helped my mum surprise us on the morning of our anniversary when we went down to breakfast. We would stay here again and would recommend it to friends and family.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked a table for five for the 18 June for 12.00 noon and upon arrival there was a queue of people for drinks so we had to find our own table and I had to go and ask if someone could take a drinks order after waiting for ten minutes. Again I had to go and ask for menus for food. Yet again I had to ask for someone to take our food order. We eventually received our meals an hour from arriving. The food was good but the service was appalling. They did not apologize to us and we will not be returning. I thought this establishment had turned over a new leaf when I went two months ago.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carolyn F
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

We are sorry that had disappointing service at our The ***Restaurant and we do appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
Thank you.
Innkeeper’s Lodge Maidstone

Reviewed May 12, 2013

stayed for one night ,,room very spacious and comfortable. good position ,just across the road from Maidstone main rail station and shopping area,large outside area with seating for enjoying drinks and a meal with friends in the sunshine ,,big car park which you have to pay for but take ticket to the bar and get your money back ,,old fashioned and welcome atmosphere in pub reataurant ,,menu very inviting ,,but i was at a wedding reception so missed out on pub dinner ,tho i was able to have the buffet breakfast offered ,,all you need to get your day going ,,would gladly choose to stay here again .. thank you to the staff who looked after us.

Room Tip: hotel is on a main road on the roundabout but not noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A very good deal on the room, £30 for the night was cheap, although if you are asked for in excess of £45 go to a premier inn!
I have eaten in vintage inns before, and the standard is low, but this one failed even by the normal poor standards. Starter, "field mushrooms on walnut bread" consisted of three small mushrooms on very dry toast that shattered when pressed with the knife. Garnished with some wilted greenery and served barely tepid on a freezing cold plate, not good. The "thick loin of cod" was a bigger mystery. The "piece of cod that passeth all understanding " was more like it, consisting of two thin "sausages" of a fish like substance, this was NOT a thick loin, more like a couple of goujons!
My advice is the room is poor b&b standard and worth up to £45, eat elsewhere, but keep it cheap!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business