If you are looking for a decent room for a short stay in Maidstone this lodge offers a good option.
The pub is a Vintage Inn part of the Mitchell and Butler empire. Food is decent, well prepared pub classics. They do have real ale, but last time I visited the selection was poor - go to the Flower Pot just along the road for excellent CAMRA award winning beer.
Accommodation is above the pub, so there is a risk of noise, the White Rabbit isn't a rowdy pub, and doesn't play loud music, but the general hubbub and outdoor drinking in the summer is not to everyone's taste. Having said that although I have stayed there twice and not had my sleep disturbed.
A continental breakfast buffet is included in the quite reasonable price, cooked available if you want at additional cost. I have found the continental is plenty.
Bedrooms vary in size, but the ones I have stayed in had plenty of room, the family room with extra bed is enormous. My only quibble is that with so much room, why not have king size beds?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1797 to house the officers' quarters of the Invicta Barracks, this distinctive lodge is one of the most welcoming hotels in Maidstone. Rather than repelling Napoleonic troops it now serves as relaxing budget accommodation for short breaks and business travel, and is ideally placed for exploring Kent or nearby towns like Chatham and East Malling.The colonial-style building offers 12 comfy rooms and a cosy pub, where you can unwind with a pint of cask ale and some freshly cooked, seasonally inspired food.Maidstone is Kent's business heart, but there's plenty to see and do besides attending an event at the East Malling Conference Centre. It's best known as home to the beautiful Leeds Castle, with its 500 acres of scenic parkland and popular golf course, but you could also enjoy the town's theatres, bars or busy shopping centre. Or you could explore the area via water, taking a canoe along the River Medway or a more leisurely boat trip on the Allington Belle or Kentish Lady. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Rabbit Vintage Hotel Maidstone
- Innkeeper's Lodge Maidstone Kent