“very good stay”

Ranked #19 of 26 Maidstone B&B and Inns
east london
“very good stay”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My friend and I stayed at The White Rabbit on 30th July. We were made to feel very welcome by Vikki & the other staff. We were in room 4 - a twin room. It was a lovely room - had an anti-room with a 2 seater settee and an armchair in. Bedroom was extremely large - you could have got 2 double beds in there. Shower was large - bathroom was good size. Although the room faced the road the traffic noise was ok. Breakfast was continental & you could have as much as you liked. Vikki came out of her way in the morning to enquiry whether we had enjoyed the evening at our friends. It was a midday check out which was very good as usually it is much earlier. Huge car park available. Also there was 24 hour access for guests which was very good. All in all we had a really good stay and will definately be staying there again next time we visit our friends in Maidstone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Food chosen from the cheap section of 3663's frozen pub grub order section and waits of up to an hour and a half this place is consistently poor. The only saving graces are the venue and the staff who are mostly very pleasent. A real opportunity missed.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Matb1ack

Travelers are raving about these Maidstone hotels

Largs
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We stayed for a long weekend, which included a family wedding. The White Rabbit is a pub with rooms, rather than a hotel. It is a characterful building near the town centre. It is handy for Maidstone East station if travelling by train, and has a good sized car park, although you have to register your vehicle registration with reception to avoid attantion from the clampers. Coming from Scotland, where clamping is illegal, this was a slight concern. The room was spacious, but needed some TLC. The food was good quality pub food. Continental breakfast is included. Not liking large characterless hotel chains (some of the wedding party stayed at the Hilton) we were glad we chose the White Rabbit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank fairliered
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2011

I would like to draw people’s attention to what is going on at the “White Rabbit” pub in Maidstone.

I am a local resident who lives very close to the “White rabbit pub”. I drink and eat in the establishment at least once every 2 weeks, usually with 3 or four friends, sometimes more(or rather used to).
I have done this for over 8 years on a regular basis. That’s about £400 per month! Regular money.

On Sunday I went to the white rabbit pub for drinks with friends. After which I decided to leave my car in the car park over night, because I wanted to be a good citizen and didn’t want to drink and drive. I have done this for many years.
On Monday morning when picking up the vehicle, I was surprised to find out I’d been clamped. The Hired hand demanded £185.00 from me, and threatened to tow the vehicle away.

I feel this pub is penalising local customers for spending their hard earned money in the “white rabbit” pub.

With this kind of attitude I don’t think the “white rabbit pub” deserves paying customers.
I have tried to discuss the issue with the management who are not interested and say tough luck.

I will never visit this establishment again and neither will any of my friends.

I feel this kind of business should be illegal and feel that everyone should know how this pub is operating.

I do have a right to my opinion and, I would advise everyone to steer clear of the “White rabbit pub” in Maidstone unless you don’t mind paying the £185.00 fee to get your vehicle out of their car park after you’ve had a quick pint.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank tony1970_11
Wales
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Booked on line , paid for two nights, had a third night free.
The young girl on reception was charming and really really helpful.
My room was on the top floor, spacious, clean, and warm.
I ate in the restaurant the first night, Food was excellent, about 30 minute wait due to the number of people eating there, but no problem as they took the trouble to tell me there was a delay.
Breakfast was excellent, choice if cereal , juice, yoghurt, bread, bagels and a toaster, gallons of hot coffee.
The term "Country" may not be strictly accurate - would I stay there again - you bet I would. !!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank November8th
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Spent the Bank Holiday weekend here and was pleasantly suprised with the quality of service and rooms, although room sizes do vary significantly. Food service fast, large portions and good quality. Staff to be commended for their positive attitude and friendliness. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaroonCases
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I have not stayed at the White Rabbit, only eaten there with friends. My roast dinner was appalling - potatoes and parsnips were hard and dry. In fact there was not much that was edible. One friend had a burger that was burnt black on one side. A member of staff came to see if the food was ok, and I explained much of mine was completely past it. She offered to get me fresh parsnips (how can these be cooked quickly for me?!) She then disappeared and no member of staff came near us to apologise or replace anything. The other 2 meals were pretty embarrassing too - like all the food had been cooked hours ago and left to dry out somewhere. Money was knocked off the bill when I complained, but we won't be going back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends