We arrived after a long drive through very bad road conditions and were immediately greeted with tea and mince pies, so we knew Detling Coach House was going to be a great place to stay. The double room was small but well equipped and the large bathroom compensated for the lack of space in the bedroom. We were visiting the adjacent showground for a company Christmas party and we were told that instead of paying £15 for a cab to take us less than 1/2 a mile, we could drive there and they would arrange for us to be allowed to return on foot through a gate at the rear of the showground which was directly opposite the Coachhouse. We could then return the following day for the car. Athough directly next to the showground, the Coachhouse is far away from the main buildings, so there is no noise or disturbance.
Breakfast the following day was absolutely wonderful, with just about everything you could possibly want. If we every pass this way again, we would definately stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully beamed Coachhouse set in stunning North Downs Way, Kent, convenient to M20 & M2 between London & Dover. 35 mins from Gatwick Airport. Clean, comfortable and welcoming. Excellent traditional pubs and restaurants nearby. 10 mins from Leeds Castle, directly opposite Kent County Showground. Free Parking & WIFI ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Detling Coachhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Detling Coachhouse Maidstone, Kent
- Detling Coachhouse Hotel Maidstone