Oakwood House Hotel
Detling Coachhouse(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
$105
Grange Moor Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
$102
Priceline
$64
Travelodge
$69
Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
$86
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone Town Centre Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
$72
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Maidstone (Allington) Hotel(Maidstone)(Great Value!)
$75
PremierInn.com
All reviewswedding venuepresidential suitedance floorincluding breakfastold housebuffet breakfastwedding breakfastsat navgreat showerbirthday partyfull englishfunction roomwedding receptioncourse mealtea and coffeegood nights sleepa lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel thinking that it would be perfect for us. Sadly it was far from that. Not expensive, but not cheap. Rooms small and somewhat claustrophobic. Bathroom OK, but only one of each towel. Beds cheap and uncomfortable and the duvets far too heavy - like being squashed all night. The staff were friendly, but the food was mediocre. Breakfast was acceptable, just, even though it was a serve yourself arrangement and I have to say that the two nights we spent there, on both mornings the breakfast was not hot enough.

Obviously a conference/wedding centre and really set up for just that. It was a very impersonal sort place and was situated by a college. I thought it would be 'countrified' but this is far from the truth. Not as portrayed in the photographs at all.

Personally I felt the lack of proper management and care towards their guests was very disappointing and I will not be returning.

The only good I can say is that the staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue R
Paul E, General Manager at Oakwood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Sue R
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your recent stay. I was disappointed to read your comments and will be talking with the team to ensure your experience is not repeated in the future.
I was pleased to read your comments regarding the staff.
If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a birthday party. My mother in laws 90th birthday. Staff very friendly and pleasant to talk to. Reception staff were very accommodating. Food was excellent, room was adequate though the carpet and toilet bowl needed looking into. Otherwise a very nice stay. I understood that the room I was in was due for refurbishment. Recommended, as the price is worth the stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Paul E, General Manager at Oakwood House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Reginald K
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your recent stay. I was delighted to read your comments and will ensure they are passed on to the team. I will ensure the issues you raised regarding your bedroom have been looked in to and resolved. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here whilst working in the area and enjoyed a really warm welcome from Robert, the extremly capable manager and his team. Its primarily a conference and training venue - located in the middle of what appears to be a student campus- so its not the away from it all retreat some of the pictures portray. There are also regular large weddings which mean they tend to take over. All that said, I had a great room, highly competitively priced which was far better than any of the Premier Inn style alternatives. Food was tasty and the power shower excellent. Its probably not a place for a weekend break - but for what I needed it really did the trick

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the function rooms and barely heard the wedding which was taking place on the saturday night
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Peter C
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at Oakwood House. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I know Robert will be pleased to read the personal feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I were very disappointed in Oakwood House where we went to spend a special evening, On arrival first impressions were fantastic, but as soon as we got inside we realised we were in a conference centre and not a Hotel. We had booked an executive room, however this was small , nothing like an Executive Room, also the gift he had requested to be put in the room never materialised!.. We then decided to go to the Restaurant for our special evening meal, only to find that just the bar was open and only Bar snacks were available, this was really disappointing especially as my husband had phoned to check their was a restaurant, if we had been told there was only bar snacks we would never have booked our stay. Well we decided to make the best of things, only for it to get worse, the meal was not good at all. when we asked for Pepper Sauce with the steak it was a bowl of Gravy , and when I complained the chef just added white pepper to the gravy!
Next morning we asked to speak to the Duty Manager to discuss our concerns, however the "Duty Manager" had no authority to discuss with us, and even though she took my business card and promised to contact me, here we are a week later with no contact! , just about sums up the whole stay here - never again, and I suggest if you have a special evening choose somewhere else !

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for an executive Room, as they are not premium rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Julie B
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your recent stay. I was sorry to read your comments and please accept my apologies for the poor impression you have gained on this occassion. We are a multi purpose venue however please let me assure you we aspire to give all of our customers the best possible experience. If you would like to contact me at the hotel I would be happy to discuss this further with you.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stay overnight regularly and usually use economy high street brands. This time I used Oakwood House because it was cheaper than the cheap stay motels. The rooms are freshly upgraded. Meals freshly cooked, plentiful and very reasonably priced. Service was exceptional. When I checked in I asked what time the kitchen stopped serving food as I would not be back until 9pm ish. I arrived back at 9:20pm and ordered food. When I was served, the waiter asked if I was the lady who had enquirer about the kitchen times at reception. I was impressed that the message had been relayed. They had been concerned to ensure that I was not left hungry. I haven't had that service in even the most expensive hotels. Well done all round for professional service, friendly greetings and fabulous food.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Dorothea G
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oakwood House. I was delighted to read your comments and to see that the team delivered on their promise. I know the team will be delighted to hear your feedback.