“Good night sleep NOT guaranteed”

Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Maidstone
London, United Kingdom
“Good night sleep NOT guaranteed”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

I must say after staying at the wrotham premier inn I thought this would be just as good. It wasn't. The staff were really great, warm welcome. But that's where it ends. The room although clean was very tatty but as we only put our bags down and went out this wasn't a problem. After returning from the evening out, we soon realised that the bed was very worse for wear. Pillows were terrible and the noise from the hallway and stairs was not acceptable. We did explain this to the staff in the morning but they just said that they would make sure we weren't in that room next time. This does not make me any happier. I thought premier inn were meant to have a guarantee of a good nights sleep. We were not offered a refund or any compensation. I'm afraid to say that the sandling premier inn really let us down. My wife and myself both felt awful in the morning and certainly don't plan on rushing back

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank smithlers
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guest have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by both our Guest Relations Team and the Management team at this hotel. Once again thank you for your review we do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2011

This hotel is clean, if not up to the new Premier refurbs, no flat screen tvs here. The staff are second to none, friendly and so helpful, a courtesy call to room on check in to confirm all was well was unexpected and much appreciated. However as a business traveller I was frustrated that I was unable to get reliable signal from both the O2 and 3 networks and no signal at all from the Vodafone/BT mobile broadband dongle. This is clearly not a Premier problem, and they do provide a wireless internet access but charged at £12 per night for broadband that enables VPN access, business travellers beware. There is some noise from the very near M20 motorway which is audible through the very well insulated windows at night and early morning, so those who usually live away from built up areas will indeed notice it, but I think not be unduly disturbed by it, otherwise a very enjoyable stay in picturesque location near the river. Allington Premier on London Rd Maidstone does not suffer from the same signal problems and whilst the staff are equally as good as Sandling,the Beefeater restaurant experience is superior in my opinion, in fact it is so good you must book a table even midweek, they are always busy. Magazines are provided for loan at reception here and flat screen tvs are provided with all freeview channels as expected, and whilst the location next to a DFS store is not as picturesque as Sandling, the rooms are much quieter and better insulated from one another.All in all as a business traveller I prefer Allington Premier.

One point of note, both hotels advertise Costa Coffee, but neither provide it at breakfast, only flasks of coffee that have stood for ages are provided, come on Premier decent morning coffee is essential get it sorted!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My husband and me fancied a night away and wanted to visit Leeds Castle. We found this hotel which was 15 mins drive from the castle, we were so pleased with its location we are going back in april. Its right by the Medway, next to the barges and locks, i cant wait to go back, it is so picturesque.
Also the hotel staff were the most helpful Iv ever known. We ate in the restaurant next door, which was also very good.
If you like lovely settings and nice romantic walks, you'll love this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tapdancer9
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2010

The Premier Inn was just the usual block with standard rooms, very hot as the block faces east and the windows are limited opening so no ventilation but very safe.

However the adjacent Malta Inn was a find. Good food and service and large riverside beer gardeh ideal for a fine summer night. The river Medway has a path leading into Maidstone and several large sailing barges used as houseboats to look at. Large weeping trees and small craft made up a very English picture.

Some noise from the M20 and people and cars leaving the busy pub but a good experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
London
Reviewed July 5, 2010

This Premier Inn met the high standards I have come to expect from this chain. As with all Premier Inns, you know what you are going to get and are never disappointed. I would happily recommend this to others.
The only drawback, which is purely seasonal and common to most hotels in this category, is that there is no air conditioning. Not usually a problem, but in July it is, as for all the usual security and H&S reasons, the windows open but a crack so it is very hot at night. So if you go in summer "you pays your money and you makes a choice" as to whether you can manage the very hot rooms. But this is very few night in a year and I say this only as a precaution in case you are really bothered by an overhot room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dmhLondon
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that Premier Inn continue to meet your expectations and our great service is ensuring you stays with us are good ones. Thank you for your feedback regarding the room temperature, our team members will endeavour to provide fans for rooms during hot weather. Thanks again for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2010

Spending most of my time travelling a Premier Inn hotel room has begun to feel like my second home. This hotel met my expectations in terms of cleanliness, decor, helpful staff, and the location is certainly the best I have seen. The only downfall was the noise that I could hear from the surrounding rooms and the corridor which I've not had a problem with elsewhere. The Malta Inn next door was a bit of a mixed bag. They were undergoing renovations at the time I was there, of which I was warned and apologies were given, so I will not comment on the decor or noise levels. I was very disappointed with the potato skins the first night which were simultaneously soggy while the cheese was dry, probably the worst I have had, but in contrast the creamy pesto chicken pasta was probably the best I have had, with the chicken cooked to perfection and the balance of ingredients just right. The second night I had nachos and chilli con carne, both of which were standard pub food, fine but nothing to write home about. Overall the experience was perfectly acceptable, but with the exception of the location I would say the Premier Inn at Allington up the road edges it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
sotland
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We arrived very late on the first night, it was great to arrive and have a good nights sleep.
Unfortunately the next morning we got up to have our showers but the extractor fan system started filling our room with smoke, so obviously people were smoking in a room beside us, therefore we complained on our way out for breakfast as myself and my son both have asthma, the staff were very sympathetic but no one got back to us and told us what was done about it ,if anything. Also on the way out there were work men everywhere and a very very strong smell of paint not only did it play havoc with my asthma but i had a sore head with the paint fumes the whole stay. Breakfast was lovely just what we needed after a 12 hour car journey the previous day.
The second night we hardly got any sleep because of the noise coming from the room above and people coming in the front door at all hours. On the third evening we ate at the beefeater restaurant next door but i became very sick just a few hours later and in the morning i told reception that i got food poisoning from the restaurant and that i had been up all night being sick, again nothing was done and i recieved no correspondance from the restaurant what so ever. Therefore after three nights staying there we decided to give the fourth night a miss and travel home early, I asked for a refund for the fourth night as the stay had been a complete nightmare and i was refused the refund. All in all i was completely disgusted with the way we were treated and very dissapointed with our stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Maidstone (Sandling) Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2010
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise that the our hotel and restaurant did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our Maidstone Sandling hotel. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.