“Good value for the money”

Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here for a business trip early December, rooms good, restaurant good, meal deal @£22 is good value. It's a premier inn not the Ritz guys! but all in all what more do you want for the money! Would stay again if in the area.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Actually still in the restaurant. Please, please, please avoid itlike the plague. Service is terrible and the food is not much better. Apparently my wife likes the sausages, but mum says far too much gravy. She's git it all down her front. We're not coming back.
And yes, I'm angry.
And the hotel looks really average.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Customer Services and the Management Team at this hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

A typical Premier Inn, clean, tidy,well laid out and with spacious rooms and the standard "good nights sleep" in a superbly large and comfortable bed.
Everything you expect from a Premier Inn and all at a reasonable price.
All the staff I dealt with, both at the Hotel and next door at the Brewers Fayre were friendly and helpful and with a smile on their faces.
The food at the Brewers Fayre was good and my dinner guest and myself had no problems with the service.
Would I stay here again: certainly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Good Hotel consisting of ground floor and first floor rooms, arranged along a long corridor. I had a First Floor front facing room. Clean, quiet, comfortable bed and all the usual great Premier Inn standards I would expect. Staff really friendly too.

The staff in the restaurant are equally friendly. But service very slow. I had the meal deal both nights (didn't have a car was could go nowhere else) and both nights, dessert took about 50 minutes to arrive following me finishing my main course. One Waitress enquired as to why I didn't order a starter both nights... the answer: I didn't want to sit in their restaurant all night.

I know I'm not reviewing the restaurant, but be warned.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

hotel and room ok, but our meal was a disaster didn't have the first course option had to wait 40 minutes for second course and rounded the night off by the rhird course not being available two hours for our meal

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tom b
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Having stayed at five star hotels and accordingly paid a five star price, the key thing to remember is that Premier Inn's charge around £42 a night (depending on how good a deal you get) and therefore you should always judge a hotel based on the money you pay.

Therefore in my experience, based on the fact that I paid £83 for a two night stay, I have to say this hotel is excellent and exceptional value for money. OK a Shangri-La it is not but as a place to sleep for 2 nights and nothing else, I cannot fault. Room was clean with a firm king size bed and two firm single beds (we had a family room). Bathroom was clean although out of shower gel but hey not a problem as we brought our own. Flat screen Samsung TV and tea making facilities. OK no air conditioning but given that we don't live in the Canary Islands, not really needed and again it depends on the time of the year you are visiting. Our room faced the main car park but even with the window open during the night we did not have much disturbance from the car park or the main road. Remember Leybourne and West Malling are small villages.

The biggest problem we faced all weekend was chasing a big spider around the room but you get that in every home in the UK. Can't comment on the Brewer's Fayre much as only had chips and onion rings. They were disgusting but that is an issue for the Brewer's Fayre and not the Premier Inn. Would not recommend having breakfast there but instead go into West Malling where there is an excellent cafe at the top of King Street (by the Tesco) which is cheaper than eating at the Brewer's Fayre. The cafe on the main road also does excellent breakfasts at reasonable prices. Parking is free around the corner from the Farmhouse Pub.

All in all an excellent Premier Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for several nights. It is less modern Premier Inn although the room was clean and as always the staff in Premier Inns are absolutely charming and as helpful as possible. There is no lift so if you need to take luggage to the first-floor request a groundfloor room. My room did not have air conditioning only a heating system although a fan was provided in the room as well is an additional sheet in case it is too hot with a duvet during the summer. There was very good weather seven it was essential to keep the window open.

Because I was staying several days I was told by the staff that I would be at the back of the hotel which would be quieter. They hotel mentions road traffic noise on the website which is impressive and responsible. I had no problem with road traffic noise whatsoever.

However, the problem with having one of the rooms at the back is that it overlooks a second hotel car park. Very few guests use it because there is a car park at the front. In consequence, this car park appears unmonitored by the hotel and is used as a sort of general "transit station" at all hours of the night and early morning. The car parking spaces are directly under the hotel rooms On my first night I was woken at 3:30 AM by a diesel car being started up and run for about 30 minutes. The same thing happened at about 5:30 AM and when it became daylight I realised that people had decided to sleep overnight in their car and were obviously becoming a little cold and decided to run the engine. Someone then arrived on a motorbike and between 5:30 AM and 6 o'clock construction worker vehicles (both cars and larger mini coaches) arrive and there is a a change over of workers between vehicles. Some other construction workers are also staying in the hotel and in consequence they set off for work and exchange vehicles at the same sort of time namely 5:30 AM . At one stage a lorry was parked there for a couple of days and in the early evening the car park (because of the absence of cars) is used as a driving school area when cars arrive and learner drivers are shown how to enter next at the empty car spaces. It is also used by engineering companies to bring in their vehicles and change over staff so that they can go back onto the M 20 motorway system. The reason that all of this can take place is because the rear car park is accessed without going anywhere near the front or the side of the hotel. The front car parking area could not be used in this way.

I did raise these matters with the staff and they were very sympathetic and understanding and said that although there is CCTV this is not been picked up on.

I had room service from the restaurant on a couple of occasions and the food was good and the service charming.

I like to stay in Premier Inns that this one was a disappointment. The issue with the rear car park really must be tackled as it is being used by all different groups as effectively a change over station. If it were not for the staff, service and cleanliness of the rooms et cetera I would have marked this hotel down as poor but decided to be a little more generous and select average.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the back of the hotel overlooking the rear car park as it is like being on an ind...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business