Premier Inn Maidstone (Allington) Hotel
Travelodge
$67
$96
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthomas wyattadjoining beefeaterbeefeater restaurantbeefeater next doorattached restaurantgood nights sleeproom was cleanpark and ridemain roadusual standardchannel tunnelnight staya ground floor roomlarge tvstayed here for one nightfrom franceno lift
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I do not normally book travel chain value inns but my usual hotel was fully booked and this was offered as an alternative. I slept like a log, 42 inch TV, pub/steakhouse next door and good value breakfast was actually good, too. Parking and location convenient and the receptionist was so attentive. Even turned of the heating and checked the room before I arrived. It was a pleasant surprise, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the back car park - quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for only one night, had the best nights sleep I've had for a long time. This wasn't due to alcohol, I wasn't drinking driving the next day ;-( the only let down was the staff in the dinning area, I like to see young people enjoy themselves but not behind the bar.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have stayed here on business a couple of times in the past few weeks and i have to admit location-wise it is very good as it's near the motorway and not far from the centre of maidstone. Also the rooms are very comfortable as you might expect from a Premier Inn, good sized and comfortable bed, nice big television with Freeview (a good bonus). It also gives you the option of selecting the temperature via a thermostat which is great as some cheap hotels do not seem to offer this and can get very cold as a result!

My main gripe about this hotel is the poor quality food from the adjoining Beefeater. The evening meals if you select from their meal deal is terrible. I asked for a steak to be done medium-rare and it was so well done and chewy I could barely eat it. The salads have crisps in (why??) and it has generally clearly been microwaved or cooked similar to most of us would cook a quick easy meal at home. Oven chips etc. And I am not a fussy eater by any standards, I am just happy to have a hot meal but found it very difficult to enjoy what was served up on both occasions. The puddings are served to you about two minutes after you order them so have clearly been microwaved.

This is a huge disappointment as I need to find somewhere in the area to stay on a regular basis over the next one or two years but I am really thinking hard about changing my choice after being severely disappointed by the food twice in a row now. Also, although this is far less of a problem, on one occasion I found there were no towels in the room other than a tiny hand towel. This was rectified by a quick visit to the reception (where are the telephones?). Also I was left wondering if I was meant to ask for towels when I did visit reception as the man didn't apologise or seem fazed in the slightest. I mentioned I had no towels and he just replied with "do you want some then?" as if maybe there was a chance I'd brought my own but was just giving them a polite notice that there were none supplied in my room.

On the plus side I have had a very good nights sleep on each occasion I have stayed there and the breakfasts are lovely, so I would thoroughly recommend those!

I may give this one last chance based on the food but won't be choosing the Premier Inn meal deal (inclusive of evening meal and breakfast). I would potentially try simply choosing from their main menu to see if there is something nicer as last time my steak was so bad I was very tempted to send it back. Incidentally, the meal deal advertised at Beefeaters on their website is not the menu offered at this hotel, the offering at this hotel is more limited with the wedges for example missing among other nicer options.

So my advice summed up would be that the hotel itself is fine, the rooms are comfortable enough, warm enough and I like the freeview but the Beefeater evening meals are a massive massive let down. They are such a let down I am genuinely considering going to a hotel further away from where I need to be to avoid it. It's just such a shame about the food as when I have travelled for 3-4 hours to get there I desperately want a good hot meal but have been hugely disappointed each time. I might even have a KFC at a service station on the way instead next time and I really never have fast food!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012

staff are the friendliest i have ever seen in a premier inn. They cannot do enough to ensure you have a great stay. Rooms are clean and comfortable and beds offer an excellent nights sleep.

They are only let down by the beefeater attached which although offering good food service is very slow. Staff are great there is just far too few of them.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were able to park easily and for free then found the lady on reception was very welcoming and pleasant. The quiet room we requested was just that and very comfortable. All the fire door closures were adjusted to perfection so we suffered no slamming doors. A very rare thing for this type of accommodation, we BOTH actually overslept by over an hour! This hotel is not in the centre of Maidstone but just off the motorway and on a main route into the town with the option of frequent buses stopping nearby. Worth considering, bearing in mind the local traffic problems. A Beefeater was conveniently onsite and was what you might expect.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room when booking if that is what you need. There are plenty available at this hotel even when the pub is very busy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple