“Town's BEST kept secret”

The Townhouse Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 313 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Town House hotel is a newly refurbished and extended 18 room boutique hotel that provides a relaxed environment for guests.The Town House hotel creates a unique and inviting atmosphere for diners in it's 20-30 seat fine dining restaurant.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Town's BEST kept secret”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Again, I'm worried giving this place a good review will make it difficult to get a table in future! It is a real gem at reasonable prices and mustn't be missed. We went for a valentines lunch and there is a light lunch menu of tasty sounding sanwiches etc or cooked Menu Du Jour at 2 or 3 courses at set prices. We had the Menu Du Jour to fit the occasion.

It has boutique surroundings and its unique in Maidstone. The background music was great .... volume and variety well chosen to suit the setting. I'd like to stay for the night but we only live 10 mins away!

Ladies... you MUST go here for sophisticated coffee or lunch.

Business... take clients here to impress

Couples.... for romantic evening meals or refined lunch.

Families.... For celebrations and somewhere that the whole family can enjoy.

Food was excellent and faultless. I'd give it 4 out of 5, to keep inline with other reviews i've given. For me I'm fussy and like to see less popular and less 'safe' options such as unusual offal or unusual meats such as goose. However the flavour combination was nicely chosen and on the daring side such as the use of rhubarb that was great. I think the chef is more than capable and they are doing the right thing by providing awesome food that everybody will like.

Go now before it gets too busy!

“Superb”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My fiancee and I went to this restaurant on sunday the 20th of October. It was her birthday so after looking at the restaurant's page on Facebook, I booked it through toptable. I later found out that I hadn't read the toptable information clearly enough, because there is a special sunday-only menu. Be aware of this.
The restaurant is very easy to find, as it is located at the top of King Street and very clearly identified outside. It has 10 to 12 tables over 2 dining rooms. It feels intimate and the rooms are nicely decorated.
We hadn't noticed the sunday menu, but the waiter very kindly offered to let us order from the a la carte menu. Excellent service from the waiter and very kind of the chef to allow it.
We had the scallops and the foie gras for starters, the fillet of beef and the venison for mains and the lime posset and the bread and butter pudding for desserts. All delicious, with good sized portions. The scallops and the posset definitely stand out in my recollection of the meal.
We had white and red wine by the glass and they were both were very good (especially the Chardonnay white) and priced reasonably.
We had a wonderful time and we very grateful for accommodating us. We will definitely come back. Might even do it on a sunday and give the sunday menu a go, as the dishes being served to other people looked very nice.
I highly recommend this restaurant and I look forward to going back.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exquisite Meal”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My dad and I visited the restaurant last week and chose the De Jour Menu. The welcome was very warm and friendly and considering it was a Monday night, there were other diners amongst us which was a very good sign. And we were not disappointed! Even the homemade bread excited my taste buds; I have never eaten anything like it. The presentation of the food was phenomenal. It was a shame tucking in to ruin the beautiful piece of edible art that was presented before me however the taste certainly exceeded my expectations. I think it's safe to say I will be visiting again and thoroughly recommend The Townhouse. It will not be a wasted journey.

“A Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I went to the Townhouse for lunch on a Thursday and had the £17.95 De Jour Menu. The restaurant was empty for most of the time we were there which was a shame because we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We started with smoked haddock chowder served with home made bread which was great and then we both had the oxtail which was beautifully tender and nicely presently. We treated ourselves to a bowl of chips at £3.95 as we were especially hungry and to end I had sticky toffee pudding and my wife had a micro fruit salad with mango sorbet. She isn't a great fan of mango and asked if she could have ice cream instead which was no problem and we were courteously served at all times. Everything was clean and tidy and we certainly enjoyed our meal. It's worth noting there is no car park for the Townhouse as it's so close to the heart of the town but there are ample car parks nearby. We would certainly go back and maybe this restaurant it will grow in popularity if it continues to maintain its standards and offers excellent food for a reasonable price.

• Visited January 2014
“Gets better and better!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

This is the third time I've eaten here in the past 6 months, the food is amazing, the service was great, we were the only table in which was nice, it was like having our own private chef, the staff were lovely and were very attentive, i did just read a review complaining about the music and to be honest if the 'background ' music is your main focus maybe you shouldn't be out socializing, It's a lovely little quaint restaurant witb brilliant personality, gareth cox should be proud