“70th Birthday Visit on Sunday 12th January”

The Townhouse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Townhouse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 309 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: British, European
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Town House hotel is a newly refurbished and extended 18 room boutique hotel that provides a relaxed environment for guests.The Town House hotel creates a unique and inviting atmosphere for diners in it's 20-30 seat fine dining restaurant.
Kent, England
“70th Birthday Visit on Sunday 12th January”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

On arrival the first impressions were that the Dining Room was quite sparse. On reflection we feel some thought should be given to tablecloths and flowers.
I indicated on the telephone when booking that we were having a special lunch to celebrate my mothers 70th Birthday and was advised that something a little special would be done for her, however nothing materialised.
The food however was extremely well presented and hot although vegetables and sauces were a little late arriving. We were already quite a way through eating our meals by this time otherwise our food would have been cold. The wine list was rather expensive so maybe some better value options could be considered as well as the house wine which incidentally we did not have.
We would return however it would be nice to see some of the changes above implemented. We do eat out in many restaurants on a regular basis and just felt the whole experience we had did not quite match up to the reviews on here. My mum was certainly not made to feel special enough, I did in fact mention to the waitress when she was serving desserts " that's for the birthday girl". Nothing was picked up upon!
We had chosen this restaurant in preference to Kits Coty due to the reviews. I, when dining at Kits Coty in the past felt it was cold with sparse furniture and for my mother I wanted to get the whole experience, good food and ambience. We just did not get the latter!!
The food was very good however and we wish this restaurant to succeed hence this constructive review.

• Visited January 2014

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“amazing restaurant”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

visited here for lunch with my boyfriend and had a amazing meal. everything was cooked to perfection and i was not expecting such place like this in maidstone. the chef is very good and he will be going right to the top. watch this space..... service was lovely and attentive. will be booking for valentines day next. menu looks great

• Visited December 2013
Kent, United Kingdom
“Tasty!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is a gem, very good 'fine dine' food! Taste, presentation, portion size and even room deco all very tasteful. Staff were very friendly and professional. Only one niggle which is also my pet hate in restaurants, after my meal I like to pay and leave, and especially when I ask for the bill I don't like to be kept waiting to pay. Other than that, we will be back I'm sure!

Visited December 2013
kent
“Pure indulgence”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Fine dining at it's best, with service to match and atmosphere and ambiance set in a beautifully restored building oozing with character and the price won't break the bank, definitely returning!
Didn't stay in the rooms but they looked fantastic.

Kent
“Amazing Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Went expecting the usual roast but not here - starter was pork beignets with sorbet and crackling - what a mix, probably the best starter I have ever had! Rest of meal was stunning and at £100 for three with wine was very reasonable. Why isn't it packed out all the time - maybe it looks too posh from the outside but go and try it!

• Visited November 2013